Monday, March 12, 2012

All Hail the Frog God!

IMG_1726

Felix's app du jour is Pocket God…and I thought it was funny that he started playing it while wearing this rain coat. This was on our way to the park on an unseasonable warm day, no more winter coats! Unless is snows again of course. At the bus stop we had some time to kill so Arthur found a "special leaf", maple I think, and had to put it in his pocket to keep it safe.

IMG_1718IMG_1719

The park was a blast, though I'm sure Felix is going to give me grey hair this year. He's all over everything. Climbing all of the playground equipment, even the gigantic slide that even I don't like climbing. I spent a lot of the time there chasing him around and didn't take any pictures. The next day I was pretty excited though, I was headed to the mall to buy an iPad 2!! My Kobo Vox charger broke, and because Kobo has the worst company forethought and customer service ever, they do not offer spare chargers for sale and there is no way to get one. So my vox is useless and Travis and I decided to replace it with an iPad.

I emailed Travis this picture of my brand new iPad titled "My Precious" and being the guy that he is, he replied with "You spelled 'your' wrong" ;)

IMG_1734

I seriously LOVE my iPad, I have four different ereading apps on there and have essentially quadrupled my ebook library from what I had on the Kobo. Also, I'm loving the apps and everything else on the giant screen. This was all handy, because the night before I had spilled my drink on my laptop and fried my keyboard. Luckily Travis took my laptop apart and fixed it for me, but for the first couple days my iPad was my replacement computer.

It wouldn't be a trip to the mall without stopping at Tim Horton's. Felix is always awed by the doughnut display.

IMG_1736

We also had to pick up some wrapping paper for Dylan's birthday party! It was a blast of course, and puppy themed :) Jess made a big doghouse out of a gigantic cardboard box, the cupcakes looked like puppies, and the "loot bags" were actually puppies to adopt and bring home! Arthur and Felix were thrilled!

Arthur insisted on putting the puppies to bed together before he would go upstairs to go to bed himself :)

IMG_1748IMG_1762

No comments:

Post a Comment