July so far has been a mixed bag. On the one hand we have had some fun times…
Mostly inside with the A/C with the heat wave we had. There were a few usable hours in the morning where the kids could play outside, but after that it got very very hot! Then I broke my baby toe. On a sandal. That I wasn't even wearing! I thought at first that it wasn't broken, but when I woke up the next morning it was swollen and really bruised so we went in for x-rays just to be sure. The whole thing was so annoying. It didn't hurt that badly, so I turned down the doctor's offer of stronger (than over the counter) pain medication, but I was supposed to keep off of it, and it most certainly *did* hurt when one of the boys stepped on it or kicked it. Something which all three of the boys in this house managed, though at least Travis felt bad about it later ;)
The boys having fun at the x-ray clinic
I was definitely glad to be feeling better a couple weeks afterward, but then the birthday curse got me and I came down with strep throat again. Just in time for my birthday on Friday. That fiasco knocked me out for another 5 days until here we are and July is almost over. It wasn't all doom and gloom though!
Felix got a stuffed dog as a belated birthday present, Arthur named him "Roofie", sometimes pronounced "Ruffy". I prefer the second pronunciation myself, though the first still makes me laugh.
Arthur still takes pictures of himself…making funny faces. He also now takes random pictures of the room around him but they aren't as funny:
And the biggest piece of news around here lately is that the SNES is back up and running. Arthur has been playing Super Mario on it like it's going out of style. We haven't told him that it's already gone out of style yet. Arthur has learned how to play staggeringly fast, he's beating levels all on his own and really just needs a hand getting enough free men so that his game doesn't end. Travis has been showing him the ropes a lot, and even Felix gets into it. He yells "Oshi dere, Oshi dere!" every time he sees Yoshi.
It even get's worked into play dates now. Arthur wants to show all of his friends how to play Nintendo ;)
Another summer activity we've been enjoying in the 40+ heat has been weekday matinees. Specifically on Tuesday as all tickets are only $5 on Tuesdays :) The boys and I have been to see Madagascar 3 as well as Ice Age: Continental Drift. I wasn't too sure how Felix would take going to the theatre. He doesn't always do so well with sitting still. But he loved it as much as Arthur and I did! He is a bit more vocal at the theatre than Arthur ever was, but we go to the earliest showings at 11:30am-12:30pm or so, so I doubt were disturbing anyone's date night. Felix laughs out loud at anything he finds funny (which is a lot) and wants to check all the time to make sure that Arthur and I are seeing everything ;)
After the movie we had some good old fashioned mall fun. Rides, fountains and running amok!
We were able to get together for a play date with Steph and the cousins as well, which was a lot of fun :)
And then it was my birthday. Not much of one really, I didn't eat any cake or anything. But I did get some lovely cards and gift cards! Travis's card was my favourite:
Being addressed "To Whom it May Concern" made me chuckle. And on the inside was a reference to The Bloggess, a blogger that I read all the time and forever blab on about to poor Travis. She recently gave her husband a sloth for their 16th anniversary in an epic Bloggess way, and I guess it stuck with Travis. I think really he just feels sympathetic to Victor, The Bloggess's long suffering husband.
In yet another trip to the mall (we do groceries there about once a week), the boys decided to play with this interactive light thingy at Old Navy. It switches between different things, but their favourites are the sports ones where you kick at the ball/puck/what-have-you and try to get it into the net. They had an absolute blast with this!
And because I always have a couple videos left over at the end of posting, here are the left over videos. The first is Felix tormenting poor Lando and the second is Arthur telling me a Super Arthur story :)
No comments:
Post a Comment