The boys have never been away from Travis for as long as they were while we were at the lake. Thank goodness for facetime, we used it every night to talk to Travis, and occasionally Lando. Travis always made sure to be as goofy as possible so that he could rile the boys up right before bedtime.
The boys absolutely loved playing outside every day. They got to run and climb and just have fun. Not that you'd know it sometimes from the expressions I would get when I asked them to smile for a picture. I wanted a picture of all three boys in front of the mini Eiffel tower that my Grandfather had made years and years ago…but it didn't quite work out the way I'd planned.
Ashwyn continued his archery practice at the lake, and Arthur got to try it too. Every picture I have of Arthur using the bow shows him with his eye closed. He closed one eye each time he tried, but from the angle of the photo it looks like both his eyes are closed.
Aunt Lise was brave enough to tackle baking blueberry muffins with all three boys as helpers. The muffins turned out delicious, and the boys loved it!
Travis kept himself busy at home doing projects around the house. Our dryer looked like this for over a week! But it runs good as new now.
Felix started teething right as we got there, and those two year old molars were not kind to him. I scoured the stores in Iroquois Falls for a teething something or other for him to chew on, but in the end I settled on getting him a pacifier. He never really took to soothers as a baby, but he loved them while teething!
We went on an adventure to find big rocks. Of course the boys climbed them and jumped off. Travis thinks this picture of Arthur jumping off the rock looks more like he's sneaking across an invisible bridge. And now I can't see anything else when I look at this picture!
Angry birds toys were all the rage thanks to the Bargain Bin store.
Felix started playing with a toy horse that my Grandfather had made and it made me realize I didn't have any pictures of his carvings. The pictures don't do the carvings justice, they're beautiful, and all hand carved out of wood.
On our last day at the lake, Arthur was concerned that we remember how to get back. So logically, he drew us a map. He's big into drawing maps lately, and it was sweet to see him want to come back so much.
The trip back on the plane went well. Arthur sat with a stewardess who was off duty and travelling elsewhere. She was amazing, Arthur is usually very shy around strangers, but he was chatting away with her about angry birds for the whole flight. Felix was the nervous one, he was not a fan of turbulence at all. All told, it was nice and quick. Much better than another 9 hour drive home!
No comments:
Post a Comment