So it's no news to anyone that we're heading to Florida soon. Travis' sister is getting married, and the boys are going to be ring bearers. Though Felix is still convinced he is going to be a ring bear, and keeps roaring when asked about it. Hopefully he'll come out of hibernation when we hit that warm Florida weather! In other Florida news, we finally told the boys that we're also going to be going to Disney World, so we no longer have to talk in whispers about "D" around them ;) I did up a bit of a countdown for them using notecards. Each day of our countdown to Disney, they get to open that day's envelope and read a new fun fact about Disney World or our Disney resort that we're staying at. There are also stickers, which they promptly fight over. Next time, make sure there are two *identical* stickers in each envelope :|
I tried to dress them up with pictures with mixed results. I am not an artist, that's for sure!
Our countdown ends early because we leave before we can finish it, and I'm counting on the trip to distract them from the fact that we're not bringing cards with us to countdown while we're in Miami and at the wedding. The main point of the countdown is to build up excitement in the boys. When we told them the first day of the countdown that we were going to Disney World, the response was a little underwhelming. Hopefully with the countdown they will be ricocheting off the walls on the actual day we get to go to Disney!
I am currently in list writing mode. That entails writing lists, crossing things off of lists, then re-writing lists. I have about ten different lists on the go. It is surprisingly stressful trying to orchestrate an entire two week vacation for a family of four. Especially as we're going to be spending most of it at an overpriced amusement park with limited access to grocery stores. At this point I think I've actually acquired everything we'll need for the trip. I raided the dollar store for cheap but *new* toys for the boys to play with en route, I picked up some kids headphones (with volume control!) so that we can minimise arguments over which Eric Traplin song they want to listen to, I have new books (Calvin and Hobbes for Arthur, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for Felix), new clothes, sunscreen, beach towels, sunglasses, life jackets, travel journals and crayons, etc. Essentially everything but the kitchen sink.
Also complete are haircuts for all of us! I took the boys to a new hair salon just for kids called Cookie Cutters. It's a bit pricey, $20 each for a five minute hair cut, but the boys just loved it. They got to watch movies while they had their hair done, and the seats pretty much speak for themselves. And they walked out with their brand new "styles"…
All ready for the wedding!
Oh that hair is awesome Kristina. Did they love it?
ReplyDeleteYeah, they were so proud of it! Arthur was upset though, he had swimming lessons later that day so we had to wash it out ;)
ReplyDelete