Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring is Finally (kinda) Here

The weather is above zero, and set to remain that way for the foreseeable future. My tulips are sprouting, though I forget what I planted where, so it could be the daffodils coming up too. And we’re gearing up for the Easter Bunny to show up this weekend.

IMG_8265 IMG_8328 Tulips…and maybe daffodils?

Speaking of bunnies, our resident lives-under-our-deck bunny has wreaked havoc on our trees. Our poor pear tree sapling that we planted last fall has no bark at all on ninety percent of the trunk, our cedar trees have been delicately nibbled into clumsy topiaries, and our cherry tree is missing bark and branches. I feel kind of sorry for the poor thing, it was so hungry it even chewed my roses down to stubs.

IMG_8288 IMG_8291

We’ll be replacing the pear tree next weekend, unfortunately the warranty we have on it doesn’t cover “rodent damage”. But, on to happier things. Easter preparation! The boys are starting to really get excited for easter. Though Arthur has been asking some tricky questions. Is the Easter Bunny a real rabbit? How does he get into the house? And the tooth fairy, how does she get into our house? Etc. I’ve been playing dumb and answering that I don’t really know, then asking what he thinks. So far the answer to that is magic, so I think I’m safe for a while! My little guy is growing up too fast!

Today we decorated our easter eggs. I found some great decorating kits at Target, and they were a huge hit!

IMG_8321 IMG_8323 IMG_8324 IMG_8325 IMG_8326 IMG_8329

In non-easter related photos, Felix has been dressing up as various characters for halloween, and practicing his trick-or-treating skills. Mostly he pretends to be Emmet from The Lego Movie

Emmet_minifig

IMG_8277 IMG_8297 IMG_8315 IMG_8319 IMG_8253 IMG_8257

But Batman, Spiderman, and Vader are all regulars as well. He usually walks around with his plastic pumpkin bucket, and picks up lego pieces instead of candy. Last night Arthur decided to have a preliminary egg hunt with some of the chocolate that Travis’ parents sent. This morning the boys were having a great time hunting for eggs. Practice for Sunday morning!

I had originally planned to have lego minifigures in the plastic eggs this year, I ordered a couple sets off of ebay. Super Hero minifigures for Felix and Lord of the Ring minifigures for Arthur. Unfortunately, since they shipped from China 30 days ago, they’re still not here, so it’ll be regular chocolate and gummies instead.

We set up our new patio furniture last weekend, just in time for the (hopefully) last snowfall of the year. It’s a nice set made of wicker, very comfortable! I’m happy to finally have a dining table outside, it’ll make it a lot easier to have some meals outside in the summer once it’s actually warm enough.

IMG_8294

No comments:

Post a Comment