Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jumping with Babies

Today was day two of my 30 day shred. Yesterday was a complete write off, I was barely able to walk up the stairs. Arthur actually beat me upstairs while also making his little toy pig walk up the stairs. I did manage to convince myself to try shredding again today, and it wasn't awful! I actually feel much better and less like someone sawed halfway through all of my tendons. Though I did have to modify some moves, not because I couldn't do them, but because I have two demanding boys who go into overdrive the second I show interest in something other than them. So instead of jumping jacks or pretend jump rope I jumped in place while holding Felix. It felt somewhat like cheating, but I figure I added a 19lb weight to the exercise so maybe it doesn't really matter that I wasn't flailing my arms around? And of course the lunges (accompanied by bicep curls at the same time) weren't complete without Arthur crawling around me and through my legs. Just as I was telling him to move, I accidentally stepped on his hand. Poor kid. He got me back later by poking me in the belly while I was doing reverse crunches.

Arthur is lucky he is so cute sometimes. Travis was trying to have a nice father-son moment at dinner yesterday. He told Arthur what a good boy he was, and how he was a good big brother. Arthur just said "Yup, and I'm a really really good banana" He is also adorable with Felix. He truly is a great brother. He brings Felix toys to play with and soothes him when he cries. He hasn't managed to get Felix to stop crying but the "It's ok baby, Mommy's coming" coming from Arthur gets me every time!

Today was my Mom's 50th birthday, so Happy Birthday Mom! We had a nice dinner out, and Arthur ate a whole chocolate brownie while hovering over it and practically growling if anyone came too close. I guess it was good? Felix managed to get a fistful of spinach dip while the server was clearing our table of appetizer plates, but he didn't get to actually eat any of it, poor thing. He's lightning fast around food though!

No pictures today, but I'll try to get back on the picture taking train soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for organizing a wonderful birthday evening for me! It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete