Friday, May 11, 2012

Bunnies, Bubbles, and Boogers

So the other day the boys and I were outside playing and we had an unexpected visitor. This bunny lives under our deck, so we see him often from the window, but almost never when we're outside! He hung out for a long time and even led Felix along on a little chase. Bunny was all nonchalant about being chased, like "go on and try, you know you can't catch me". Fuzzy and arrogant, it was awesome. He hung around for so long that eventually the boys lost interest and went back to playing, periodically pointing out that the bunny was still there. It was surreal. And doesn't bode well for our chances of chasing him away when the garden starts to sprout.

IMG_2253

And for inside time, the boys have quickly realized that when I watch my shows on TLC, they can put Netflix on a variety of gadgets. In the picture above they're watching Backyardigans on Arthur's 3DS. Other options for Netflix are the iPod's, my iPhone, and the iPad.

IMG_2256IMG_2257IMG_2258IMG_2259

Arthur and Travis went golfing on the weekend. This is what I get when I ask Arthur to smile nicely for the camera. Though, to his credit, he does eventually smile nicely. Felix and I stayed home and had some quiet time to ourselves.

IMG_2262IMG_2269

And then today, while uploading pictures from my phone to my computer for this blog post, I discovered exactly what Arthur has been doing when he plays with my phone. And it's not Netflix. There were over 400 pictures on there taken by Arthur, most of them shots of a fairly unflattering nostril variety. I'll spare you the booger pictures, and there were many, but overall it was pretty funny. Clicking through was like watching a little movie, so I downloaded an animated gif app on my phone to share.

f5372d1d3f044299b3a67a281d1dc858@2x

Some of the non-Arthur pictures that Arthur took were pretty interesting too, though there weren't enough of them in sequence for another animated gif.

IMG_2272IMG_2273IMG_2275IMG_2276IMG_2277IMG_2279IMG_2281IMG_2514IMG_2711IMG_2713

On Monday, the boys and I met up with my mom at the mall. It was lots of fun as usual :) I found a bubble machine at Winners for a reasonable price. I've been keeping my eye out for one for a while, blowing bubbles by hand tends to be a messy affair around the boys and they seem to prefer pouring out the bubble solution and splashing in it. I didn't get my hopes up, the last few bubble machines I bought did not work very well, but it was a huge success!

IMG_2791

Looking through the pictures I realized I took so many that I could try out the animated gif app again:

b212dde580ad41c19a86a3d86b878f8b@2x

Arthur has been on a painting kick lately, so it's no surprise that Felix wanted to try it out too. Considering it was just watercolours I thought it would be fine. He did a great job on a picture for Great Grandma Gael!

IMG_2558IMG_2562

Here's a before and after picture. Before, when he was painting on the paper, and after when he painted himself. Turns out these "harmless" watercolours stained his skin! He looked like I had taken a baseball bat to his face. *sigh* Of course he choose the deep blue-ish black colour for his face.

IMG_2692IMG_2693IMG_2694IMG_2695IMG_2814IMG_2815IMG_2817

School mornings have become more interesting with the advent of robins, worms, and snails. Felix has declared war on the robins, and in turn the robins toy with him. He will chase them all over the little park where we wait for Arthur's bus. They run into a bush, then fly away to land within sight somewhere else. Felix chases them again, and it all repeats over again. It's funny and exhausting all at once because I'm forced to chase Felix to make sure he doesn't run out into the street after them. This morning at the bus stop the moon was still visible, and Felix confused things further by stopping every now and then to point at the sky and yell "moose!". Snails have fascinated Arthur, and they are plentiful at the bus stop. He searches behind the park bench every morning for them! Unless of course I bring his 3DS, then both boys are occupied.

IMG_2703

Felix is becoming less of a baby and more of a big kid every day. He often asks to "wok" when we go places. And Arthur is nothing if not a helpful big brother, always willing to hold his hand across a parking lot.

IMG_2796IMG_2798IMG_2799IMG_2803

On Tuesday we had a library play date with our neighbours. After story time and computer time, we came back to our place to let the kids play in our crowded but fun back yard.

IMG_2805IMG_2806 

And last but not least, with Mother's Day this weekend, Arthur came home from school with some cute crafts for me. They melt my heart every time!

IMG_2831IMG_2832IMG_2833IMG_2834IMG_2835 (1)

At school they have the kids practice two types of writing, dictionary writing with proper spelling, and "bubble gum" writing where they spell words the way they sound. Arthur is using bubble gum spelling here, which makes more sense when he spells "play" as "pula" because he pronounces play as "puh-lay"

No comments:

Post a Comment