Friday, June 22, 2012

Facebook Meandering

I occasionally browse through my old fb posts, either looking for something specific or just because I'm bored, and I always think that some of the things I post there should also go into the blog since not everyone is on facebook. Here are a few of my old statuses (stati?)

IMG_3421 (2)IMG_3422 (2)IMG_3423 (2)IMG_3424 (2)IMG_3425 (2)IMG_3426 (2)IMG_3427 (2)

Side note, I love how this also illustrates the wonderful cell reception I get here at home :| On a rare non-kid-related note, I've recently been introduced to something called "Beauty Subscriptions". There are a bunch of companies that do this in Canada, and even more in the states, but the one's I'm a member of so far are Glymm, Julep Maven, and GlossyBox. Basically, the idea is that you pay a monthly fee, and you get a certain amount (4-8) of full size, deluxe sample size, and regular sample size items. This lets you try out new products without having to commit to buying a full size item. Julep is one of my favourites so far because it's a nail polish subscription and you get full size bottles of polish ;)

IMG_3099IMG_3102IMG_3103IMG_3104

Glymm

IMG_3286

I haven't gotten my first GlossyBox yet, but I did participate in a tweetup they hosted with Boxx Cosmetics and ended up winning the (random draw) prize! I've been told it's valued at over $100 so I'd say that alone makes the subscription worth it for a couple months ;)

tweetup

This is the prize pack as pictured on their blog :D

tweetup2

Anyway, I'm sure this is boring for most of you, but it's part of what I'm doing these days so I'm sharing :) If anyone want's to join any of these subscriptions, you can use my referral code and I get points toward the next box. Also, if you want to sign up for Julep, you can use the code COLOR2012 to get your first Julep box for $0.01 (which is what I paid for mine!) It's not a scam, it really does work and you get some awesome nail polish for a penny (free shipping too!), all of these are monthly subscriptions so you can cancel at any time.

Julep Referral Link:  HTTP://JULEP.COM/?R=21369496

Glymm Referral Link: http://www.glymm.com/share/krys_tina

GlossyBox Referral Link: http://www.glossybox.ca/invitation/MTEwNTA=?utm_source=Customers&utm_medium=link&utm_term=MTEwNTA=&utm_campaign=Refer-a-friend/

So enough about me, on to the kids. Arthur came home from school last week with the obligatory father's day crafts:

IMG_3287

Note the tie shaped card that Travis is wearing, and the multi-coloured "snake" thing hanging from the ceiling. Travis was appropriately surprised and excited ;) Up next were supposed to be Felix's 2nd birthday and party on Friday and Saturday. But instead of fun he got a fever. And it stuck around for five straight days so we had to cancel the festivities.

Poor kid :(

IMG_3290 On his birthday we still had cupcakes, and presents. This didn't go as expected either. He completely turned his nose up at the gifts in favour of the singing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse card that Arthur had picked out for him!

IMG_3294IMG_3298IMG_3309IMG_3325IMG_3314

On the Saturday, Mom came over to spend time with Arthur and the sick birthday boy. Felix alternated between his normal goofy self and a sad sickie.

251833_10151838850775352_719623623_n580015_10151838851075352_1065271903_n269350_10151838850940352_116407276_n252755_10151838851660352_1171238225_n599066_10151838852160352_1590486758_n292278_10151838892945352_1935949088_n 

Then we brought out a cupcake with a candle and sang Happy Birthday to Felix. This brought on another completely unexpected reaction, he broke out in shoulder shaking sobs of terror. It took a good five minutes to calm him down! Luckily, Mom got a picture before he totally lost it:

526789_10151838848240352_1393331963_n

Happy Birthday to my littlest guy! I can't believe it's been two years already!!

4 Days Old, 1 Year Old, 2 Years Old

35778_10150229128675201_785496_nIMG_3646[3]IMG_3397

No comments:

Post a Comment