Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Busy as the Busiest of Bees

Looking back, some phases of my life have had a consistent soundtrack. Music that I listened to a lot during that time gets intertwined with the memories.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the soundtrack of the show, Stella and Sam, is going to be part of the soundtrack of my life this year. We listen to it all the time, we sing along to it (even Travis!) and it doesn't grate on my nerves like some kids music can. And now on to the things we've been doing while listening to Stella and Sam…

IMG_6351IMG_6371

The boys have taken to sitting between me and the couch and doing my hair. I usually end up a few hairs lighter after these sessions but they love it. This is Arthur making my hair "look like Princess Leia"

IMG_6355IMG_6362IMG_6367IMG_6370

The boys have also become very attached to our friend down the street, Desi! It's so awesome seeing them all have fun together :) I'm also really happy that Arthur has a friend (near) his age in the neighbourhood. There's just something special about friends that live close by.

IMG_6363IMG_6372

I've been bringing Felix to the local library for fun on the days that Arthur is in school. He absolutely loves it there, though he usually wants to borrow DVD's and not books. He loves playing on the computers there. They have specific computers for kids in the kids section, they have colourful keyboards and small mouses so he can use it easily. It's been good for him to learn some computer skills as I usually let him play on my iPad instead of my computer. Less breakable parts and much easier for a two year old to use.

IMG_6373IMG_6374IMG_6375IMG_6376IMG_6379

We've been able to spend some time with the cousins lately too! This visit was on a day that Arthur was in school, the kids had a blast!

IMG_6385IMG_6390

I came downstairs one weekend to find that Arthur had made me a card. The front says "Thak Yu Momy, Fram Arthur" (Thank You Mommy, From Arthur) and on the inside is a picture of "King Pig" from Angry Birds. I asked him what the card was for and he said it was because he loved me so much.

IMG_6391IMG_6392

Easter wasn't exactly spring like this year. And judging by the winter storm warning currently in effect, April isn't going to be much better.

IMG_6418

But easter was still a ton of fun! I'm going to have to get a better camera, my iphone just doesn't capture the movement that happens on holidays now. The boys had a fun egg hunt, and as is becoming traditional in these parts, after they found the eggs that the easter bunny left, they had Travis hide them again so they could search all over again! We had my mom over for a nice turkey supper as well and she brought the boys a crazy playmobile set that they absolutely love :)

IMG_6404IMG_6405IMG_6406IMG_6408

With the way the weather has been jumping around, not to mention wet and cold, it was no surprise that the boys came down with the sickness. Standard kid symptoms; fever, runny nose, cough. Poor guys!

IMG_6399IMG_6421IMG_6422

Felix has grown very fond of his and Arthur's star wars guys. I let him take them all to bed one time, but now there's a limit of two guys at once. It gets crowded in there and those guys are ouchy!

IMG_6410IMG_6417

More springtime fun, at the mall because the weather outside is frightful. April showers indeed!

IMG_6415IMG_6423IMG_6424IMG_6425IMG_6427IMG_6428IMG_6429

I'm really glad I got the yard work done in the front yard the other day. During the 6 hours of sunshine we had this week, it was actually beautiful, I didn't even need a coat! I wanted to get some new soil on the lawn so I could put grass seed down. Hopefully grass seed likes buckets of water because that's what's falling from the sky. Until the weather breaks, we won't be breaking into our giant yellow bag of dirt, but when it does we have big plans for the back yard!

IMG_6431

On a side note, I was really excited to find some milk at the grocery store from a local dairy farm in Waterloo. It even comes in an old-timey glass bottle! It was definitely fun to try, but a little spendy for everyday consumption. Especially since the entire bottle was gone by the time I poured a glass each for myself and the boys. Now I just have to figure out where to bring the bottle for the $2.00 refund.

IMG_6432

Travis and I have been playing a new game on the iPad called Outwitters. It's a strategy war style game with cute animations and is surprisingly difficult (for me) but fun. Arthur started playing it with Travis last night and it was so cute to see how excited he got!

IMG_6436

No comments:

Post a Comment