Sunday, March 17, 2013

French Immersion

We recently got a letter telling us that Arthur has a place in the Grade One French Immersion class at his school! His place was not a certainty, they place students based on a lottery because the demand for French Immersion classes is so high at his school. 40% of students in grade one are in the French Immersion program.

Arthur is very excited to be able to learn a new language and somewhat unimpressed that he will still have half his classes in English, "But I already know that language!". He is also very excited to go back to school on Tuesday as we came back in Florida just in time for him to have March Break.

I foresee next year being a difficult one for Felix, who is already jealous of Arthur being old enough to go to school two days a week, never mind what he's going to be like when Arthur is gone five days a week. I'll have to look into some day camps or activity groups for him. Maybe even preschool! Suggestions are definitely welcome ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment