Yesterday we went to Victoria Park for the first time since the snow finally melted. It was a beautiful day, and the kids were so excited to be able to run around and play. Even Felix got to crawl around and play in the sand with the big kids. He also got to grab big handfuls of sand, take a moment to smile big at me before stuffing the sand in his mouth and then quick-crawling away as fast as he could, chomping all the while so that I wouldn’t be able to take it all out of his mouth. He also ate about two full jars of baby food (unprecedented for him, he usually maxes out on about half a jar) half of a banana and whatever he managed to steal from Lindsay’s snack bag!
Arthur met a new friend his age, and together with playing with Sienna the day was a huge success. He also unearthed a Lightning McQueen car while digging in the sand. It’s pretty bleached out so I’m assuming it’s been there for a while, but it really was like finding treasure for him. I was so proud of how well he shared the car though, he and his new friend took turns carrying around the car while running around all over!
Of course it was bath time when we got home after spending the whole day at the park. It went reasonably well until I pulled the plug to drain the bath water. Arthur looked up at me and very clearly said “What the hell is that?” I told him we don’t say that word, so he tried again “What the he…what was that?” He was asking what the draining water noise was. He didn’t argue with me when I told him it was a bad word, but I really had to struggle not to laugh!
Arthur did everything at the park that he refused to do last year. He climbed up stuff, went down all the slides, and did it all without me coaxing him to do it!
Felix ate two of these packages of applesauce. They’re called “Squish’ems” You twist the top off and suck out the applesauce ;) But they’re 100% fruit, just as good as baby food, and taste yummy to boot.
I love the serious frowny face that Felix gets sometimes when he’s drinking from a sippy cup:
No comments:
Post a Comment