So the past few days have been busy! We’ve had a play date with the Hart girls, gone to Playfit Kids and to Cars 2. Felix has gone from taking a few steps to full on walking and has upped his vocabulary to three word phrases! We hear “What is that” in his cute little baby voice uncountable times per day. Also in the first words list are squirrel, who’s that, Arthur, Felix, kangaroo, and kitty. He’s way ahead of where Arthur was at this age, and I’m convinced it’s the chatter box big brother Arthur that is the cause of it! Whatever the reason, we’re loving it!
Making faces in the mirror…scary!
Felix has suddenly morphed into a big kid. He’s sitting here at the kids picnic table like a pro
He went on to climb on top of the table to throw these cheerios down the little hole in the middle
Felix stole Zoey’s apple and just went to town:
Apparently it was delicious:
The he slipped and fell straight under the table as I was snapping a picture of him eating the apple. Poor kid, I didn’t even know he was falling when I took the picture, but it’s pretty awesome now
Arthur comes by his awesome abs honestly, 300 sit-ups every morning since he was 2 ;) (for those who skim over the winky face, that was a joke, I don’t force my kids to do sit-ups!) But doesn’t he look ripped here?
Arthur and Zoey have been having a pretty spectacular love affair. Which is funny because Arthur is never very interested in babies and Zoey usually hates it when non-family members make eye contact with her! Inexplicable it may be, but it’s also ridiculously cute!
On Friday, we took Arthur to go see Cars 2 (opening night!!) in 3D at the theatre. Thank goodness my mom was able to come and watch Felix! It wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun with a squirmy one year old on my lap. We all loved it!
I’ve seen some pretty awful reviews since, but I can’t believe someone would write those things about this movie! It was pure awesomeness. Animated cars, racing across the world to support bio-fuel over big oil companies, also engaged in classic James Bond style spy shenanigans! There was always something going on, but it wasn’t too confusing (Arthur followed the whole thing through) I’ve seen some complaints about the violence, which I could see upsetting some kids (though Arthur wasn’t upset at all) but it’s still way tamer than most other Disney movies (Bambi, Pinocchio, Tarzan) that we let our kids watch so I don’t really see the problem. There was always something distracting happening at the same time that something “bad” was happening and honestly I don’t think that Arthur even noticed some of the “bad” parts. I’ve also seen criticism for the cars drinking alcohol type drinks, labelled “oil” in martini glasses. I think it’s a little ridiculous to be up in arms about that. These cars are all “adults”, if Arthur ever asked (which he hasn’t) I’d tell him the cars were drinking adult drinks like when mommy or daddy has a beer or glass of wine. Easy answer, and true.
Anyway, rant aside, we all had a blast and Arthur has been asking to watch Cars 2 again every day since!
No comments:
Post a Comment