It’s been a busy week! We purchased CityPass tickets for five major Toronto attractions at a huge discount and it was so worth it. Travis hadn’t been to any of them except for the Toronto Zoo. But of course we went to the zoo again, this was Felix’s first time there! I had promised Arthur we could play in the splashpad there, but unfortunately it was closed on weekdays despite it being well over 40 degrees celsius with the humidex!
New attraction, penguins! And Felix eating goldfish just like penguins ;)
Hard to see here but Travis and Arthur are looking at a cheetah that is really close (in the right hand area of the picture, by the tree)
All three boys checking out a zebra that was really only a few feet away!
The rhinos were the best part of this visit, they kept fighting over the one rhino sized mud hole, the male kept winning but the female eventually got her way
It was a hoooot day
Next up and days later was the CN Tower. Arthur was very excited to go, but that might have been because he thought it was the “Sienna Tower” He got even more excited when we drove into Toronto and he could actually see it from the car. He wasn’t scared at all, but didn’t seem that impressed by being at the top of the tower. Travis assured me when we got there that he would be walking on the glass floor. He even laughed when I said that I wasn’t going anywhere near it. But once he walked up to it, he took one look and walked away without setting foot on that floor. Not for him after all I guess!
Travis and Arthur *not* walking on the glass floor ;)
The glass floor in the elevator! Yikes…nothing like looking straight down while shooting straight up at over 24 kph!
After the CN Tower, we headed on over to the Ontario Science Centre. This was the only place that I haven’t been to (that I remember! My Mom assures me we went to all of these places when I was a kid) It was amazing. The only downfall was how big it was! So much walking. All of the exhibits were very hands on. Where the ROM said “DON’T TOUCH” the Science Centre had everything out where even the littlest hands could reach. Felix really loved being able to get in on the action, and Arthur didn’t want to leave. We ended the day with an Omni-Max theatre showing of Under the Sea that both boys loved. The screen was actually a huge dome that wrapped around all of the seats! Felix kept pointing at the colourful fishies and Arthur loved seeing the sharks in all their gigantic glory. I wish I could have taken pictures.
Astronauts!
Always check your blind spot
or you might be surprised by sudden babies:
This table was super cool, each compartment had things of different shapes and textures. Felix must have spent 30mins cruising around this table alone!
Arthur popping out of the toy box!
So, in an update for the boys:
Felix is going to be one year old on Wednesday (June 15th)!! Time sure did fly. Unfortunately he also has to have his 12 month doctor’s appointment and vaccinations that day, not the best present ever! But we’ll be making up for it with a cool party a few days later ;) He’s standing up by himself without needing to hold on to anything and even takes as many as 5 or 6 steps by himself. I’m sure he’ll be running in no time, bring on the grey hairs! On a mommy may lose her shmidt side note, Felix is going to have surgery to have a minor procedure done on July 5th. We have the pre-op appointment on June 29th at McMaster Hospital and I’m already kind of a wreck. It’s a simple procedure (I’m told) with an insanely high success rate (around 99%) so there really isn’t anything to worry about. The doctor says that he should be back to his normal self about 3 days later. Really this is just a matter of me freaking out now that we have a solid date for it! Wish us luck!
Arthur is turning into a hilarious little man. He is constantly trying to entertain Felix and make him laugh. He makes up songs, words, names for anything. He has also taken to making up his own exclamations (that’s what I’m calling them!) since we put the kibosh on him saying “hell” and “goddammit” ha! He didn’t argue past a “but why?” when I told him we don’t say those words and he hasn’t said them since. What he does do now is make up his own word and use it instead, yesterday in the tub while the water was draining he said “What the skiddoosh is that?!” He also makes us laugh with how proper his manner of speaking can be. On our way to Toronto yesterday he had his window open and announced “There’s quite the breeze out there!”
No comments:
Post a Comment