Sunday, October 23, 2011

Overload!

We’ve been busy lately. Extra super busy. Once Felix recovered from his ear drum fiasco, we decided to wean him. I was ready, he was ready, and it went ridiculously well! He is now completely weaned and I’m sighing a little bit over how not-baby-ish he is now.

IMG_0121

My latest excitement was the new iPhone 4S. On the release date, the boys and I lined up in front of the Rogers store with a handful of other people to get our new gadgets with minimal fuss. Thank goodness I went there and didn’t try to go to the Apple store, because it looked like this:

IMG_0003

I seriously love my new phone, I can’t believe I didn’t upgrade to a smartphone sooner!! Now to just get my skin from skinit.com in, and a case for it and I’ll be set! I think one of the best parts is the 8MP camera, it’s definitely an all in one device.

IMG_0025

Mom, take a picture of how dirty my feet are!

(And disregard the strange food sculpture Arthur’s created here)

So what have we been up to? Lots! My little jewelry business (CobbledStone) has been comfortably busy. It actually paid for my new phone! I’ve been looking into a new method of making jewelry called wire wrapping, which can give amazing results. This is an example from one of my new favourite Etsy shops GemfireWire:

il_570xN.277090007

I’m hoping to get started on learning wire wrapping soon, but I have no idea how difficult it might be so I can’t guarantee I’ll have any available before christmas.

Another thing I’ve been busily doing is christmas shopping. I have an ever increasing hoard of gifts built up in my closet already. I am trying desperately to curb our christmas spending as much as possible, so I’ve been deal hunting like crazy! Hopefully everyone is happy with their gifts :) I’m almost done though, I have probably 90% of our shopping done already!

Arthur has been enjoying school so much! He loves it there, and I’m really happy to see him so happy. It’s been going relatively well with no major incidents until last week. I lost track of the time and was late getting to the bus stop to pick him up! I definitely won worst mommy of the day that day. Luckily, one of my wonderful neighbours offered to take Felix so that I could run to the next stop where the bus looped around to leave our neighbourhood. I can’t remember the last time I full out ran as fast as I could, but I did that day. Thank goodness I made it and managed to get Arthur off of the bus! He was a little spooked, but managed to turn it into an extra special bus ride, and he hasn’t been nervous to get on the bus since. I, on the other hand, have been super stressed and time conscious on school days ever since. I’ve also set a timer on my phone so I’m (hopefully!) never late again!

IMG_0035

On another note, I’ve discovered that Travis has brainwasher the boys into loving some pretty loud music. So much so that they won’t listen to anything else unless it’s also accompanied by a TV show. It’s led to many dance offs between the boys:

Of course we also had some great playdates! For the first time since we all came down with various versions of the plague. It was so nice to see friends again!

IMG_0053IMG_0059IMG_0063

Arthur was washing Sienna’s feet. Probably because the floor was carpeted in squashed goldfish crackers and fruit snacks.

I had some days with just Felix and I. It’s been fun spending time with just him, he’s a totally different kid without Arthur around. I’m hoping to start spending some more solo time with Arthur as well, maybe on the weekends. It’s so much fun!

IMG_0071IMG_0079

IMG_0083

We had a great crafty playdate at Jess’s house too. Felix was very impressed with the hamster and the guitar, not to mention Weebles! It was so cute to see so many of the little kids there. And we got an awesome hand and footprint keepsake out of the deal! Pretty win-win if you ask me :)

IMG_0089IMG_0093IMG_0098IMG_0104IMG_0108IMG_0120

We’ve been busy, but hopefully we’re settling back into a routine. Wish us luck!

IMG_0127IMG_0129IMG_0131

No comments:

Post a Comment