Thursday, November 24, 2011

Birthday!!!

This week has been birthday overload, exhausting but so totally worth it! It all started on Saturday with Arthur and Sienna’s combined birthday bash at Playfit Kids in Cambridge. I can’t believe I ever hosted a birthday party at my house, this was so much better. And in the end, cheaper than the last birthday party I threw at my house. Plus, as loot bags we could just give return passes to everyone! It was essentially stress free, and that was perfect. The kids loved it too, we had a blast playing, then fast forwarded through pizza, presents, and cake. It was wonderfully hectic. Thanks again to everyone who came, it wouldn’t have been as much fun without all of you, and extra special thanks for the amazing gifts. They are all well loved already! Huge hits, every single one of them :)

IMG_0406IMG_0408IMG_5534IMG_5536IMG_5550IMG_5546IMG_5548IMG_0416IMG_0420IMG_0421IMG_0425IMG_0442IMG_0449IMG_0455IMG_0473IMG_0494IMG_0497IMG_0502IMG_0511IMG_0521IMG_0541IMG_0548IMG_0559

It was a wonderful day, and I wish I had better pictures ;) Then, on to part two of the birthday over exuberance, Great Wolf Lodge! On Tuesday I packed up all of our stuff while Arthur was at school.

IMG_0571IMG_0573IMG_0574IMG_0576

Then on Wednesday morning we all piled into the car to run some errands. Or at least, that’s what Arthur thought we were doing. We went to the post office, and Tim Hortons. Then we drove for a long time. When he finally asked where we were going, Travis just told him we were going shopping. He wasn’t impressed.

IMG_0585

When we finally pulled up to GWL, I had the video going:

Travis and I were watching this again and noticed that you could hear Incubus playing in the background…the timing of “…and the magic medicine worked” had us both chuckling ;)

IMG_0590IMG_0596IMG_0593IMG_0594IMG_0601

We had a blast at GWL, we took it a little more slowly this time around, and didn’t completely exhaust ourselves at the waterpark trying to maximize our visit. So we also wandered around, letting the boys explore the super creepy talking animals and visited the arcade. We actually spent some money on tokens this time and had a blast playing various games with the boys! Then at the end they got to choose prizes. Felix got a giant foam dice (I know it’s really die, but dice seems more descriptive). Arthur chose a sparkly wand with a star on top…also a miniature dinosaur and a set of glow in the dark vampire teeth.

IMG_5562IMG_0616IMG_0621

When we got back to the room, Arthur walked in to a huge pile of presents! I had gotten a deal on the Disney store website, and bought a bunch of Cars the Movie toys on clearance. It was a huge hit!

Sorry for the sound issues, I’m still getting used to taking videos with my phone, and apparently I always put my finger over top of the mic

All in all it was an amazing trip. Even the way home was ok, minimal crying despite being tired and disappointed that we had to leave GWL. On a side note, driving home we were behind a car with this bumper sticker:

IMG_0624

It says “Treat you like my horse? Yeah, right!” Neither Travis nor I can figure out what in the world that is supposed to mean. So let me know if you get it, and please explain!

1 comment:

  1. I'd say it means (s)he likes his/her horse better than any driver or possibly spouse?

    ReplyDelete