Arthur has been on a super hero craze. Not with actual super hero’s, but with his super alter ego, Super Arthur! Every night he insists that we tell him a Super Arthur story. There are a few criteria, it has to accurately reflect what happened during his day, it has to have some events altered to show off Super Arthur’s super powers, and you better not forget some crucial detail, like a scraped knee or you risk Super Arthur’s wrath. He has also taken to running around (flying) with one arm stuck straight out like superman. Even though he has never seen superman, he somehow knows that this is how superhero’s fly.
So while I was at the KW Mom Show on Sunday, there was a super hero cloak at one of the shops. I kept finding myself looking at it so I finally bought it. I wrapped it up and had it waiting for Arthur after school later that week.
This, of course, led to Felix needing a cape. So here we have Super Baby:
Travis and I have been having some Christmas quandaries. We couldn’t decide on what Santa was going to bring for the boys. So this past Saturday we went to Toys-R-Us to let them pick things out to ask for from Santa. And since everything is more fun with tech gadgets, Arthur decided he wanted to also take pictures of the toys he liked. You know, just to be *sure* that Santa would know what he wanted ;)
We were undecided between the Cars Wood track sets and the 3DS Skylanders set, but we decided on the Cars Wood set. And since it was 20% off, we came home and ordered it right away! Just another thing to collect cars for I guess, but they don’t have any wood cars so I think it’ll be a well played with gift. Of course Felix loved the actual drivable Lightning McQueen, but I think we can do without adding car crashes to the bumps and bruises collection we have going! Now to figure out if we can email Santa these pictures, I don’t really want to have to print them all off so Arthur can include them in his letter ;)
On a more Felix related note, I got Felix’s winter boots! (Thanks Jess!!) And I love them! More importantly, Felix loves them, which is unheard of for winter boots and 18 month olds. We got them from http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Kids/SocksSlippers/PRD~5019-143/mec-toaster-booties-childrens.jsp and they even stayed on his feet in the car.
Also, Felix has been obsessed with our dining room chairs and climbing, so I brought out a Felix sized chair. This chair is somewhat of a family heirloom, my Grandpa made it for me when I was little and it’s really special for me to see my boys play with it. It’s bittersweet knowing that my boys will never get the chance to meet their Great Grandpa, but it’s nice to see things like this chair and think of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment