Saturday, December 31, 2011

Almost Christmas!

Well, it’s been a while since my last blog post. We lost our internet connection for over a week! It was practically prehistoric, except for the part where I used my iPhone for internet the whole time. But since I have limited data usage on my cell plan I didn’t want to “waste” it on uploading the ridiculous amount of pictures we’ve accumulated over the holidays! So I’ll just dive right in here :)

We had a great little christmas party with Lindsay, Jess and all of the kids! Each kid brought a present for one other. It was wonderful. We attempted (and failed) at building gingerbread houses, but the kids had a blast so I consider it a success ;)

IMG_0894IMG_0895IMG_0897IMG_0900IMG_0906IMG_0908IMG_0910IMG_0920IMG_0925IMG_0940IMG_0944IMG_0946IMG_0950IMG_0952IMG_0954

We had another little christmas party with Stephanie and family the next day. The kids had a blast, I couldn’t get a single picture without someone blurring into motion!

IMG_0977IMG_0981IMG_0986IMG_0988IMG_0993

We spent the rest of the lead up into christmas trying to rein in the hyperactive boys and distract them from bouncing off of the walls.

IMG_1002IMG_1013IMG_1025

Arthur came home from his last day of school (before christmas vacation) with a card for me and some ornaments he made. It was so sweet!

IMG_1033IMG_1034

IMG_1035IMG_1036

Travis was telling a story…”it was *this* big” and the boys loved it. I can’t remember what exactly they were talking about, but in a way that just makes it funnier ;)

IMG_1038IMG_1043

IMG_1044

Felix has started drinking out of a big boy cup…with a straw. It’s adorable and messy, and we’re going through straws like crazy!

IMG_1047IMG_1049

The boys focussed on the iPod touch. It’s addictive! I think they were watching Backyardigans on Netflix

IMG_1057

IMG_1062IMG_1065IMG_1063IMG_1075

Mom and I took Arthur to see the movie Arthur Christmas on christmas eve. It was a blast. Mom and I both absolutely loved the movie. I was laughing out loud through the whole thing. Everytime Arthur saw the character named Arthur he would say “Look, it’s me!!” :) I can’t wait to buy this one on DVD, it’s definitely going to be a christmas regular around here.

IMG_1079

On christmas eve, the boys got to open one gift each. I’m sure everyone will be shocked to hear that the gifts were new jammies ;) They insisted on putting them on right away!

IMG_1080IMG_1082IMG_1083

We set out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and headed off to bed.

IMG_1099

No comments:

Post a Comment