When we got home from Arthur’s christmas concert at school, there was a mysterious package on the front step. It was all wrapped in christmas wrapping paper! On the tag it said:
To: Arthur and Felix
Please open right away!
Love: Santa
So a certain four year old was very excited to open it. He double checked with us that it really was ok to open this one present and then tore into it. It was our very own Elf on a Shelf! Straight from the north pole. Arthur was beyond excited.
We got our elf last christmas as a gift and were unsure of whether we were going to use it or not. I mean, to me the basic principle of how it works it a bit much. The elf watches the kids…in person…and flies back to the north pole to report any good or bad behaviour every.night. It also moves to a different spot each night, presumably so that it can watch you silently from a different perspective every day.
But we watched the new tv special, conveniently made by Elf on a Shelf (I wouldn’t be surprised if the packages start coming with the DVD after this year) and Arthur *loved* it. So I asked him if he would like to have his own elf someday, and his eyes got all big and he whispered “yeah…” so that was that. We got our elf, Arthur named him Mater (first choices were Arthur or Lightning McQueen lol), and here we are.
I moved the elf to the christmas tree last night since it’s one of the first places he goes in the tv show, and then had to sit there all night being creeped out! But Arthur was super excited to go looking for him, and I’ve caught him smiling and waving at Mater the Christmas Elf a few times today.
Can I just tell you how darn cute your elf's name is...Mater...I love it!!!!
ReplyDelete