So not the most glamorous way to start the new year. But I did make a couple of new year resolutions. I'm sure half the population has made the first one with me: lose weight. But I upped the ante and entered into a weight loss challenge with Travis. Whoever loses the most weight (% of starting body weight) wins. My prize if I win? A whole week of complete control over the TV! *insert evil laugh here* I can watch all the dumb reality shows and chick flicks I want! If I win of course. As a result I have completely cut out potato chips, pop, and snacking in general. It's promising to be a cranky sugar-withdrawal-y month.
Resolution number two is really exciting for me, I'm going to be opening a shop on Etsy selling sterling silver and gemstone jewelry! I'm really excited for this since I love gems and jewelry so much. Plus it's pretty low risk, if no one wants to buy it from me, I just end up with a pile of pretty necklaces, rings, and earrings. Not so terrible ;) I've even picked the name out (and registered a gmail account and Etsy shop so no one else can take it!) After lots of cheesy alliterative options like "Fancy Facets" or "Pretty Pebble" I decided on CobbledStone. I'm really happy with it, and I can't wait for my supplies to start coming in so I can start!
And, since it has been a while, though really I do this every time, here are the pictures from the past week:
| Squirrel plucking out the evil red eyes of our much diminished snowman...thank you rain! |
| Arthur at totspot today, despite this picture he truly had a great time! |
Great as usual! Sorry to hear Felix is sick, but at least he's happy between times. The iced tea sounds wonderful... hopefully I'll get to try it. Still trying to get rid of my cold and wondering if its an allergy since it isn't going away. I think I'm allergic to work since it gets worse as soon as I'm at my work computer, but not at my personal computer! LOL Take care, best of luck with the new business... Love Mom
ReplyDelete