Saturday, April 28, 2012

Aesthetics & Art

Well, it's been almost a year since my last haircut, so when my wonderful Mom took the boys for yet another overnight sleepover leaving me home alone on Monday, I decided to take advantage and go get my hair cut again. I really love my new 'do but I've had a hard time trying to get a good picture of it…so apologies for the awkward mirror photo. At least I'm not making a duck face!

IMG_2100

On Tuesday we headed to the library for story time and crafts. Arthur came with us, he was pretty tired from the weekend and needed some family time. We met our neighbour and her kids there, it was lots of fun! Arthur sat right at the very front, which shocked me. He stayed there the whole time too, though he didn't follow along with the songs and actions. I was still really impressed.

IMG_2102(2)

After the stories and songs, which were all about zoo animals, the kids all made a tiger craft. Arthur made his own tiger and showed it off:

IMG_2106IMG_2110IMG_2111IMG_2113

And Felix's Tiger:

IMG_2107

At home, Arthur has been drawing a lot of pictures and giving explanations for them. He's been pretty creative, though I have no idea what makes him think of some of these things.

This first one is Arthur at school. He draws buildings from a birds eye view for some reason, maybe because it's easier to see the layout?

IMG_2116

This second one is (from left to right) Arthur, Felix, and Me. Arthur describes it as "Felix has hair that grows out of his head and into mine!"

IMG_2118

Arthur labelled this one already, it's a picture of Felix. I love the eyebrows :)

IMG_2119

This one was a little unnerving for me, it's a picture of me, and Arthur describes it as "It's a picture of you Mommy, but with an invisible face, and invisible hands and invisible feet."

IMG_2120

I really like this last one, it started out as white paper like the rest, but Arthur switched from markers to water colour paints. It's a volcano erupting.

IMG_2122

Felix, meanwhile, loves to tuck himself into bed and pretend to sleep:

IMG_2126IMG_2125

We had a nice visit with my friend Charlotte on Thursday while Arthur was at school. I think we were both surprised with how friendly Felix was with her. He did not hesitate at all to climb up onto the big chair with her for snuggles.

IMG_2244

I was also excited on Thursday that my new iPad skin came in from skinit.com. It looks sooo pretty and now it's easy to tell Travis's iPad from mine :) I love it!

IMG_2245IMG_2246

Yesterday both boys were not feeling very well so we stayed home and tried not to drive each other crazy. It was quasi-successful. This morning the boys seem fine but I feel awful, hopefully this is the last cold of the season and summer's good health will arrive. Travis took Arthur to the mall this morning to get one of the city's subsidized water barrels for us and left me to "sleep in" with Felix. I did actually get to sleep until almost 8am instead of getting up at 6. And when they came home, they surprised me with coffee and flowers! Apparently the coffee was Arthur's idea and the flowers were Travis's :)

IMG_2247

No comments:

Post a Comment