Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

Last weekend was our easter extravaganza…though there wasn't that much extra. Just an egg hunt Sunday morning followed by an overdose of sugar and the resulting crash. It was still fun though!

IMG_2016

Hunt!

IMG_6433IMG_6434IMG_6439IMG_6438IMG_6437

IMG_6444IMG_6445IMG_6446IMG_6450

Candy!

IMG_6453IMG_6454

IMG_6455

Crash!

IMG_6457

In other news, I've gotten my G1 (again) and have started learning to drive the van…which seems much bigger from the drivers seat! Arthur has had a sudden change of heart regarding school. Instead of coming home sad because he wants to stay home every day, he comes home sad because school was so fun he didn't want to come home. I'm not usually happy when he's upset, but I love hearing that he's enjoying school so much that he doesn't want to come home! I especially enjoy the after school downtime lately…

IMG_6421IMG_6422IMG_6427

Felix is getting more and more hilarious. Last week he was quietly playing connect four (placing the pieces in the "board" and then dumping it out to do it again) so I sat with my coffee on facebook for a bit. Next thing I know, all I can hear is jingling…

I love having a camera that takes video on my phone. I capture so many more moments of fun playtime with it!

I also get to record Arthur's explanations of the things he makes. I especially need the explanations for the pictures he draws, they're very geometrical…maybe that's a side effect of the lasers? Each house he draws is different though, some with "invisible doors", laser beams, chimneys, and other cool features.

At the library recently we borrowed some Magic School Bus DVDs, Arthur was very interested in the spaceship/airplane episodes…

We've instituted upstairs quiet time in the afternoons here now that Felix refuses to nap if Arthur is home…sometimes it's very restful…sometimes we learn what Daddy teaches Arthur ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment