On Felix's birthday this year, instead of having a party, we took him to the Toronto Zoo. We haven't been for a few years, so it was a new experience for both of the boys. We were lucky to have some family join us for the day, my mom carpooled with us and my sister and her family met us there. I gave out the party loot bags right away, one of the "treats" was a little construction paper booklet I had made for each kid, with the name of an animal on each page, and a place to check it off when we saw it as well as room to draw a picture of the animal. It was a real hit with Arthur, Davan seemed to like it, and the two younger boys essentially ignored it ;) The loot bags were Star Wars themed of course, and had little inflatable lightsabers in them. These were a huge hit with all of the kids.
The animals were great. So many of them were outside and active. Plus I was actually on the ball this time and planned out when the feeding times were for the Cheetahs and Polar Bears.
We had a blast, though I wouldn't recommend waiting in line for an hour to see the new Pandas. The kids ran around like crazy, and crashed hard when we got home. Though we did make a quick pit stop at toy-r-us on the way home to let Felix spend his birthday money! I'd definitely do a zoo day again as a birthday party. Maybe African Lion Safari next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment