Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Arthur Turns Six!

Arthur's birthday wound up as a huge weeks long event. He had gift money to spend, and party goings-on, presents, friends coming over, and finally a trip to Great Wolf Lodge. But, to start, was the birthday party planning. I googled and pinterested until I had enough Star Wars themed crafts for 4-6 year olds to fill the two hour party. Then it was on to prep:

IMG_7621

I personally traced and cut out all of these tiny foam shapes so the kids could make Star Wars magnets. I nixed R2-D2 though, he had just too many tiny pieces.

IMG_7628

Arthur's home made birthday cake. One of the kids asked me if I worked at the cake shop. No lie! lol Luckily I don't, I'm sure I'd be fired for selling something like this! But it did the trick for the party kids. I took this photo of the cake about 15 minutes before all the kids showed up, and I was so busy running around organising party stuff that it would up being the *only* photo I took that day. Right after the party, we packed up for our trip to Great Wolf Lodge. We went for one night, and I think we over packed slightly on the snacks:

IMG_7629

Great Wolf Lodge was a blast! It was a lot of fun this time, especially as Arthur was tall enough for more waterslides this time around. I didn't take very many photos there either though, since my phone is my camera and I didn't want to risk dropping it in the water.

IMG_7630

On our way bright and early the morning after Arthur's birthday party. Memo to self, don't plan a trip the day after a children's birthday party ever again.

IMG_7632IMG_7633IMG_7635

Mandatory hotel room kids activity, along with the inevitable injury. Luckily just bruises and we were good to head down to the waterpark.

IMG_7639IMG_7641IMG_7645

We stayed in the waterpark for about four hours before deciding to dry off and go explore the hotel. We had some arcade tokens provided for us so we headed down there to check it out. It turned out to be a lot more fun than expected!

IMG_7647IMG_7648IMG_7653IMG_7654

After that we went to check out the Magiquest adventure…but after a little walking around we found it to be kind of lackluster. The boys weren't too into it either, so we saved our money and had a lovely dinner at the GWL buffet.

IMG_7664IMG_7669

Peek-a-boo:

IMG_7675

And just like last time, we were more than ready to go home by the end of the second day. We left early enough to get home in time for a regular bedtime. One night is definitely more than enough for us! It was a lot of fun though, and I think we're all looking forward to going back again in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment