Friday, July 22, 2011

Busy Bees!

Wednesday we went to Busy Bees. Unfortunately they are closing their doors for good at the end of July so I wanted to go at least one last time! The boys both had a blast, of course. It was great until sometime after lunch when they turned the air conditioning off. It got unbelievably hot in there awful quick. All of us moms sitting there chatting were working up a sweat, and we weren’t tearing around the place like the kids were!

IMG_4118IMG_4119

Felix is morphing into some kid I barely recognize. I’ve based a lot of my parenting on what worked with Arthur. But of course Felix is his own person. His own, crazily outgoing, scarily independent little person. It started with smiling at anyone who looked at him, then progressed to playing with anyone who would share a toy, and moved into full tilt hugging and kissing random strangers. Thank goodness he’s cute enough that people are usually all “Awwww!” about it, and not “Hello strange child, thank you for the slobber. Now where is your mother?”

One thing I do recognize about Felix, is that he looks identical to Arthur! I had unintentionally dressed them both in grey shirts, and when they went to play in the little playhouse, I had a moment where I saw Felix and thought it was Arthur for a second. They have an incredible brotherly similarity, and I have to say that I love it!

IMG_4125

After Busy Bees, since it closes at 2pm, we went with my Mom to Fairview Mall. I managed an incredible feat, I took a picture of three people (Mom, Arthur, and Felix) where they all smiled…at the same time! It was fantastic :)

IMG_4129

I ended up making quite a few purchases, one thing here, a couple things there, since the whole mall is on clearance. Apparently, despite the crazy heat wave, all of the summer stuff is on sale, and all of the new stuff is long sleeved, lined, warm clothes. I have no idea when those clothes will actually be needed, but I stocked up on some summer essentials!

No comments:

Post a Comment