Saturday, July 9, 2011

KWMM!

Monday we went on a wonderful play date with the ladies of KWMM :) We had a good turnout, around 5-6 moms plus their kids, and we all had a blast meeting in person, chatting, and letting the kids tire themselves out.

We also made a major discovery. If you put Arthur, Sienna, and a swing together, they will take turns pushing each other! I can’t believe we didn’t try that earlier! I’m not sure how much Arthur actually pushed Sienna, but it seemed like they both had a good time.

kwmmparkplaydate (3)kwmmparkplaydate (5)kwmmparkplaydate (7)

I also discovered that Felix isn’t the only one enamoured with standing on his head and peering through his legs. He thought is was absolutely hilarious when little miss Kylie started doing the same thing!

kwmmparkplaydate (8)

Then on Tuesday we were off to Hamilton for Felix’s surgery. I think the worst part was that he had to fast, from midnight the night before until they took him in for his surgery around 2pm. We had a very cranky boy on our hands. The surgery was a complete success, and Felix is doing well. Still getting a little bit of baby tylenol for the pain, but nothing major. He’s walking, talking, and playing like normal. Thank goodness for my mom though! She took Arthur all week, from Tuesday morning until Friday evening, and it made all the difference in the world. It was nice to be able to focus on Felix, not to have to worry about Arthur, and also to not worry about some brotherly hijinks accidentally hurting Felix! He had a blast at Grandma’s house but we’re all happy to have him home again. I think that’s the longest I’ve ever been away from him!

The hospital had a toy room in the waiting area, which we spent about half the day in! Felix picked up an old school Fisher Price walking toy, that played music in the old time-y music box style. He looooooved this toy. Played with it all day until he had a meltdown and went for a nap.

felix's surgery (1)

Once we were checked in, they had us change him into pyjama bottoms and this hospital gown. It was the smallest they had! I guess now I know what he would look like in a dress?

felix's surgery (3)felix's surgery (4)felix's surgery (5)

No comments:

Post a Comment