Lately I’ve been feeling pretty busy. Like I’m barely keeping my noggin above water. We have been so busy, but this summer has just been so beautiful that I can’t help but get out there to enjoy it. But add to 4-5 outings a week, moving, running CobbledStone, running KWMM, moving in two weeks, and regular everyday hoopla, it gets so busy around here!
Yesterday I went to the first KWMM walkabout, and met a new mom friend. I love being able to do that, it is so nice to meet other, nice women locally! Though I realize that sounds like a “pick up the phone” after 11pm tv ad. We walked around the park with kids in the strollers and carrier to burn off some calories, then burned off even more calories chasing those same kids as they ran amuck around the park playgrounds! It was a wonderful day. Sunny, nice breeze, and not too hot! Arthur got to feed some chickens, while Felix was trying to figure them out. Arthur was confused by some of the “fuzzy” chickens. He wanted to know why “their feathers fell out and they grew hair!” Of course I’m pretty sure it was a different type of feather, but he calls ‘em as he sees ‘em. Felix is walking everywhere now, and loves to play peek-a-boo. I’m working on not having heart failure every time I turn around and can’t see him since he usually doesn’t go far before peeking his head out and laughing at me. Another thing I’mtrying not to let get to me is the birds at the parks. The geese freak me out, especially when they flock so close to the playground. These things are bigger than my boys combined! Luckily there are always enough parents letting their kids chase the geese (such a bad idea!) that the birds leave my boys alone. If anyone is going to get attacked it’s going to be the four year old whose parents think its a great idea for him to pet the wild birdies.
At night, usually Felix falls asleep on me and stays there until I move him upstairs at my bedtime. Lately though, we’ve been creating a little bed for him downstairs and it’s been wonderful! I love having my hands free to get a little jewelry making done, drink a beer or two, and have a snack without feeling guilty about dropping crumbs on my baby. He’s been sleeping better that way too! I can’t wait until we move to the new house and I can put him in his own bed, and hopefully in his own room shortly after that!
Today my birthday present “from” Travis finally came in! I’ve been eyeing some stuff called precious metal clay for a while now. Essentially it’s clay, you mould it into jewelry, then fire it with a blow torch (hell yeah!) and it comes out 99.9% solid silver! The best part is you can set stones in it before you even fire it. I can not wait to play around with this stuff! Anyway, I told Travis that's what he was getting me for my birthday, then I ordered it. So he was off the hook this year ;) However, he did surprise me with some shape cutters (think cookie cutters in jewelry shapes and much smaller) that I looked at and wanted at Michael’s weeks ago but didn’t buy. He gets extra bonus points for noticing that I liked them and remembering which exact ones I wanted! Thanks honey!
So when we went to the post office to pick up the package (my birthday present, remember?) The boys got to run around the mall for a bit. And I do mean boys, plural. Felix may not have run, but he certainly walked (and fell) all over the mall today, with little to no regard for people or strollers walking around him. Luckily everyone thought he was just adorable and not a nuisance.
I think the face Arthur is making while driving Lightning McQueen looks like a face Andy Samberg would do in an SNL skit ;)
Also at the mall, there was a reptile and amphibian exhibit with a dash of tarantulas thrown in for crunchiness. No one actually ate any of the animals, but we did get to see and pet some live ones! The boys both loved it, though neither would actually touch any of the animals. Arthur was pretty impressed with seeing an actual (bearded) dragon, though it was much smaller than he expected ;) Felix got sidetracked at the end of the show by a little girl with a zhuzhu pet. It’s a little toy hamster that drives around on wheels and she somehow kept getting it to drive through his legs and around his feet over and over again. It made me want to bring out Arthur’s zhuzhu pet since Felix loved it so much!
After the mall, Lindsay and her girls came over for a quick afternoon play date. It’s been a while since the kids got to play with each other, almost two weeks! So they were pretty adorable. Laughing and tickling, having a pretend sleep over, and just having a great time. Gave us mommas some great chit chat time. Overall a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment