Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Survival of the Cutest

Today was a sick day. Since both boys were going to be home today, they decided to get up before 6am. I tried to corral them into one bed with me to get a few more minutes of sleep, but not even that worked. We were up for the day! I apologize if this post gets ramble-y, I claim the blanket excuse of fatigue…mmm blankets…So, despite being sick and cranky, the boys noticed that I was looking zombie-ish this morning and amped up the cuteness. I think it was a self defense mechanism. If you look you’ll see Arthur’s puppy friend sitting on a picture of “the doctor’s office”, this picture magically made him feel better…that or the advil ;) He later drew one of those pictures for everyone in the family, including the puppy, then drew another for Sienna when he found out she wasn’t feeling well today either. It was pretty sweet.

IMG_5083IMG_5085

Felix had sharing issues, or jealousy…or both. He would cry until I filled his cup, or in this case bottle, take one sip while I fill Arthur’s cup and give it to him, the throw his bottle to the floor in a screeching rage and lunge for Arthur’s cup. I’m assuming Arthur’s juice was ambrosia compared to the apparent swill I filled Felix’s bottle with.

But then that would be followed with something cute like baby calisthenics.

IMG_5093IMG_5094IMG_5100IMG_5101

I discovered that Arthur thinks that the amount of times he needs to wipe his butt after going potty directly corresponds with how many poops he left in the potty. He will get mad if I end up wiping one too many or too few times, the times that I help him that is.

I also discovered that it is very difficult to explain to a 15 month old the difference between slapping mommy in the face and a high five. To Felix it’s all the same. I gave up on the explanation and held up my hand for a high five. Felix placed his face in my palm. I laughed. He bit me. He laughed.

Add a whole pot of coffee, some grumbling, and an attempt at a dual kid nap and that was my day. Who needs naps? Not these two:

IMG_5092

I did finally get Felix to nap at least. And Arthur was good as gold while Felix slept. He even got out a face cloth and dusted for some reason. He even moved things like the alarm clock and dusted underneath! I was impressed. It made it that much more fun to book a night at Great Wolf Lodge for his birthday. It’s going to be a surprise so if anyone spills the beans to the big guy (Arthur) I may have to kill you. But we got an awesome deal through a GWL email and booked it right away. The plan is to not tell Arthur we’re going at all, I will try to get a video of his reaction when we pull up to the hotel :D We’ll still be having his combined birthday party at Playfit Kids before that so he won’t suspect a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment