Thursday, September 22, 2011

Swings and Apples!

Well, it took five days, but we have a swingset! And I have my yard back too :) It took a lot of hard work, but we finally finished today on Travis’ last day off work. Here is the progression (starting at day 2, day 1 was mostly in the dark and consisted of organizing and labelling all the parts to make assembly faster)
Day 2:
IMG_4806
Day 3:
day3
Day 4:
IMG_4922
Day 5:
IMG_4937
IMG_4938
IMG_4936
I am so happy with the way everything turned out. Though I didn’t get to help much as I spent the whole afternoon in bed with the worst migraine ever. I didn’t know that migraines could make you sick! Everyone else was feeling fine, and Felix even got to play with the swingset before Arthur came home from school:
IMG_4929IMG_4930
Among other things, while Travis’ parents were here, we went apple picking. It was awesome!! I can’t believe that we hadn’t gone before! I think it’s definitely going to be a yearly tradition for us now, and we’re going back again in October to pick some red delicious apples (my favourite!) when they’re ready. We have tons of apples now, I think I’ll be making (and eating!) apple pies, apple cobbler, apple turnovers for a while :) Arthur *may* have been a little excited to pick apples. After apple picking, we went to the mall, where both boys were introduced to fountain pop…they both loved it :| After that we introduced Travis’ parents to Marble Slab ice cream, if you haven’t been you should go, it’s so good! But even after all of that sugar, what the boys really wanted when we got home was another freshly picked apple!
IMG_4881
IMG_4865
IMG_4866
IMG_4870
IMG_4873
IMG_4879
IMG_4892
IMG_4895
IMG_4874IMG_4875IMG_4885IMG_4886IMG_4888IMG_4889IMG_4902IMG_4903IMG_4905IMG_4909IMG_4915IMG_4917IMG_4919IMG_4920
Now that things have settled back to normal, we’ll be going back into our regular routine again. Which now includes library books, Arthur brought home his first library book from school today! He also managed to cut his lip with a pair of scissors at school. That was not the best phone call to get ever, but thank goodness it was minor! Arthur was sad to hear that Nana and Grandpa had to leave today, but I think the finished swingset was a great way to take his mind off of it when he came home. Huge thanks to my mom for coming to help with Felix while Travis and I worked on the swingset and also while I was feeling sick. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment