Yet another thing said to Arthur with a straight face. He likes to pretend to sneeze. It can get loud, and this was a version of use your inside voice. Possibly also attributed to lack of sleep, but I can’t remember the last time I felt well rested so that’s just my blanket excuse for everything ;)
On Friday, we got to have a big kid playdate! It was originally intended to be an outside playdate, but the rain had other ideas. So we stayed inside and had a blast. Only a few blips on the radar but for the most part the kids played really well with each other!
On Saturday we drove to Chatham to visit Travis’s Baba (Grandmother). The trip went well. Felix screamed for some but not all of the drive. He got a taste of sitting forward facing in Lindsay’s car the other day and I think he would love it if we would just switch him! We will soon I think…but not yet! On the way there we passed by some cows. Travis pointed them out to Arthur before realizing that one of the closest ones was *ahem* “Trying to jump over the other cow, but can’t quite make it”. Arthur didn’t notice, but Travis and I had a good chuckle over it. When we got to Chatham, Arthur was pretty shy with Aunt Karen and Uncle Dan, but both boys warmed up considerably when we all went outside to the garden. There were squirrels! And bugs! Though I wasn’t sure what to say when Arthur brought an ant to me, saying “Mommy, his legs are all twisted!” And later there was a worm who “Just doesn’t want to go”. Those poor bugs were toast the second the boys walked into that garden ;) Baba seemed to have fun watching the boys play though, it was nice to see her smile!
After visiting with Baba we went back to Aunt Karen’s and Uncle Dan’s place for some lunch. While Aunt Karen was nice enough to whip up a delicious lunch for us, the boys played with some toys that I have it on good authority that Travis played with as a boy. Also, baby planking made a comeback.
When we got home it was beautiful out, so we headed outside to enjoy the sun. Today was also the first day that Felix wore his new, big boy running shoes. He’s graduated up from wearing soft soled Robeez style shoes, and loves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment