Our last day at Disney, we decided to re-visit Magic Kingdom. It was pretty amazing. Arthur and I got to go on two more full fledged roller coasters, Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain. They were both amazing! Arthur was reluctant to go on them at first, but once we got in line for them he was excited, and after we got off of them he was very enthusiastic about how amazing they were. I can't wait to take him to Canada's Wonderland next year and show him some really big roller coasters!
Felix managed to stay awake for the fireworks this time, and it was his first time ever seeing fireworks. He loved them! The lightshow projected onto the castle before the fireworks was pretty awesome too. It was a lovely end to a truly magical vacation.
On the way home to our hotel room, Travis decided to give the boys something to laugh about in the morning…
And it most definitely worked! Our last day in Florida was a time killing day. We had to catch our bus to the airport at 10:45 so we spent the morning exploring the hotel grounds. It brought us over to the Toy Story section of the hotel, we had been staying in the Mighty Ducks section.
Our flight wound up being delayed by about an hour because of a winter storm in Boston, but we managed to navigate through three gate changes and the delay to make it safely to Buffalo and across the border back into Canada. As wonderful as our visit to Disney was, I still feel very uncomfortable in the US. All of the guns there make me uncomfortable. I just don't feel safe knowing that anyone there could be carrying a concealed gun. Also, the coffee there was brutal and I was glad to get to a Tim Horton's ;) And I'm not quite sure what's up with the gas stations there, but who decides the dollar amount of gas they want before filling their tank? We had to pay upfront at almost every gas station, despite just wanting to fill the tank no matter what it cost. Anyway, I'm glad to be back in Canada, to be able to sleep in my own bed, and to not have to spend 12 hours a day on my poor aching feet!
No comments:
Post a Comment