We did it! We’re finally all moved into our new house :) I have to say a huge thank you to everyone who helped us out, I really hope to not have to ask anyone to help us move again for at least ten years now. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I think we could live in this house for a loooooong time! So I guess it’s a good thing that we absolutely love this house!
The last few days of packing were hectic. The boys were unsettled and confused, so we allowed some things that aren’t normally allowed. Most of them involved sugar, but a notable success was letting Arthur watch movies on the floor in the living room at bedtime until he fell asleep. Totally eliminated the bedtime struggle that was getting worse and worse every night.
We’re now back to a normal bedtime, except that Felix is sleeping in his own room! Which means that I’m not sleeping at all since I can’t see or hear him, but I’m sure I’ll adjust! This was by far our most organized and easiest move ever. Travis has been hoarding red paper boxes from work (they’re only being recycled anyway I’m told) like a chipmunk stores peanuts for the winter. Add that to the fact that we used the garage as a staging area for all of our packed boxes and you get this:
A whole WALL of these boxes, and they actually only filled a small portion of the giant uhaul truck that we rented.
We had a couple days in between leaving the townhouse and being able to move into the new house (thanks Mom for letting us stay!!) we went to Aaron’s first birthday party. It was the perfect distraction for all of us, and we were so glad to be able to go. All of us had a great time, it all kinds of busy birthday fun.
Then we were off the next day to move into the new house! It was so exciting :)
We managed to get everything unloaded into the house with only minor disasters. But now we have upstairs laundry, and a hot water tap that actually shuts off up there! Then, on the second day after moving day, it was time for another birthday party! This time it was Brayden’s fourth birthday. Also a blast, the kids had so much fun!
When we got home it was time to set up our backyard! So exciting, I’m really happy to have a nice sized outside space again. I foresee spending a LOT of time out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment