Tuesday was Arthur's last day of soccer. He had a blast! He played with Travis the whole class and got to show him how to do all the awesome drills. And then later they got to play some one on one and Arthur was so excited to score a goal on daddy.
Afterward, to celebrate we went home for some drumsticks ice cream cones. It pretty much turned out to be supper for the boys, but it was certainly fun! What wasn't fun was cleaning up the mess, but it got done!
Good and messy! We also learned that coach Mike is quitting Sportplay and breaking out into his own soccer company. The only downfall is that its all the way at the south end of Kitchener. Pretty far to drive every week for soccer. But maybe still worth it! Even if Arthur still insists on running around saying he needs “more injury” when he means “more energy”. I have my eye on some golf lessons for Arthur for next year, complete with a golf tournament and banquet after the last class. What could be cuter than a golf tournament (only four holes, thank goodness!) full of 4 and 5 year olds!
Yesterday we went to The Museum (formerly known as the Children’s Museum) which Arthur insisted on calling the Boys and Girls Museum. On the bus on the way there, Arthur was chatty:
A: Didja know that sugar is a snack that keeps your body safe?
Me: Nope, I didn’t know that, where did you hear it from?
A: Nuffin…
When we got there (early!) we had to wait in the cafe. Where I enjoyed a rhubarb soda. I’ve never had rhubarb soda before, but it was passably good! Arthur played with cutlery while Felix kept trying to escape to the museum. When it was finally time to go, Arthur wanted to know if he could keep his knife. I’m not sure what the fascination was with that butter knife, but he loved it enough to tell Lindsay about it later.
Felix was amazed with these fish. Literally bouncing with excitement! While Arthur was just bouncing. They were playing some latin style kids music (think La Bamba) and he was dancing like crazy! It was pretty cute. Once Lindsay and her girls showed up, we headed to the rest of the museum to see the exhibits. There was Grossology, which was a lot of fun even if I didn’t need to know a lot of those facts!
And there was the space section. We even got to go into an inflatable planetarium and look at the stars and planets. It was dark in there, and the kids took advantage of it! Lindsay elbowed me half way through to show me the kids…kissing. It got dark and Arthur and Sienna’s reaction was to kiss each other! On the cheek thankfully, but how alarming is that! When we left the planetarium, they were still holding hands…
After lunch we headed down the road to Victoria Park. Where I discovered that Felix wasn’t feeling very well, due almost entirely to the pink crayon he had eaten the night before and which was now coming out in sharp pieces into his diaper! It was pretty awful, and off course a diaper rash showed up to add to the mix. I ended up changing him 3 times, which is way more than I usually do when out for the day, and going home early before I had to use the last diaper I had…a disposable size 3 that Lindsay was kind enough to give to me! So, the moral of the story is that eating crayons is baaaaad! We’re still having crazy crayon poops today, but now that I’ve got the diaper cream out he's much more comfortable.
No comments:
Post a Comment