Monday, January 16, 2012

Print Versions of Internet Media

This year, for christmas (and for myself), I had a book version of the past year (also the first year) of my blog published using the website www.blurb.com. I gave a few copies out as gifts and kept one for myself. It was so amazing for me to read over and look through the finished product, even though I had spent endless hours editing it into the final product. Even though it was only entries from the past year I had forgotten so many things that would have stayed forgotten if I hadn’t written them down.

Now today I came across something called “Egobook” that prints out all of your facebook history into a book to keep. I read a few reviews on other sites about it and the consensus seemed to be “Why would I want a book of my status updates?”. I can see why people would think that, especially if they’re the type to write updates about coffee, sleep, etc. But for me, I saw a chance to record all the things that I’ve shared with my facebook friends. Things like the day that Felix was born, Arthur’s first day of school, and my first sale on CobbledStone.

Unfortunately the earliest Egobook can go is June 2009. So a lot of my firsts with both facebook and Arthur won’t be in this book. I joined in 2006. But I think it will still be worth it! I can’t wait to see all the things I’ve forgotten.

Now, to end on a hilarious note. Those of you on my facebook page have probably already watched this video, but here is Arthur doing a heavy metal version of “Life is a Highway” (aka the Cars song) while doing his best dance moves and air (pyjama?) guitar:

No comments:

Post a Comment