Sunday, January 29, 2012

Retro Post–Baby Arthur

Arthur had his own little quirks from the day he was born. We were told not to give him a soother right away, but to let him suck on a finger if we wanted to. Worst advice ever! I became his soother, and it was exhausting. This was how I spent a *lot* of my time.
Arthur 8.5 weeks 025
He also hated his crib, and pack'n'play from day one. He slept in a moses basket for a while but I brought him into bed with us shortly after he stopped sleeping longer than 30 minutes in a row. We've been a co-sleeping family ever since, though Arthur was ready to sleep on his own around 2 years old.
Arthur - 14 days old 011
Lando adjusted really well to having a baby in the house. He automatically went into protect mode and would always put himself between Arthur and the door if he heard anyone coming. It was so sweet!
Arthur - 7 wk 009
I quickly realized that I took way too many pictures, not that it stopped me or anything.
Arthur - 5 wk 001
And the constant picture taking captured some great moments. Like the first time Arthur peed on my Dad…
Arthur - day 5 014Arthur - day 5 015
We had a little trial and error finding diapers that wouldn't leak in those newborn days ;)
Arthur - 4.5 wk first xmas 023
We also saw many of the facial expressions that baby Arthur could make, and they often made us laugh.
Arthur - 6 wk 010Arthur - 14 days old 002Arthur - 14 days old 012Arthur - day 8 017Arthur - day 8 019Arthur - day 8 027Arthur - day 8 031 - Copy
And, considering Travis's football infatuation, I bought Arthur a Steelers outfit so he could watch the games with us in style :)
Arthur - day 8 036 - CopyArthur - day 8 038

No comments:

Post a Comment