Monday, November 8, 2010

7pm?

It is 7pm here, and everyone in the house is sleeping except me! Arthur is down for the night, Travis is having a nap and Felix is sleeping for who knows how long. So I get some me time!

Yesterday Felix and I went to the KW Mom Show and Craft Fair with Lindsay, Celia and baby Zoey. Celia got to carry Zoey around in a baby wrap, Lindsay got to be a hands free mommy for the morning, and I carried Felix around in my Beco. It was a great time, and it flew way too fast. Shows like this make me (almost) wish that I had a little girl so that I could buy all the unbelievably cute stuff out there! The skirts, tutus, dresses, hats, and hair clips are all adorable. I may have to start getting some things for the little girls in my life and live vicariously through other peoples children. Of course there are lots of cute things for little boys as well, one of them being an adorable hat that was just a smidge too big for Felix:


Today everyone came over here for a playdate. It was wonderfully chaotic having 5 kids here! There was so much going on I can't remember it all to write down here. One of the fun things were the wooden blocks that Travis made for Arthur yesterday. His hands are shredded from all the sanding he did, but the blocks are great! A huge hit with Arthur, which bodes well for his birthday present from us, which is more wooden blocks though smaller and coloured. At several points during the morning, Erika was bouncing in Felix's jumperoo, and Arthur was playing with the jumperoo's toys. Later in the afternoon Arthur and Sienna had hooked Lindsay into playing a game with a leftover helium balloon from Travis' birthday. The game consisted of the kids letting go of the balloon, watching it float to the ceiling, then waiting for Lindsay to retrieve it so they could let go of it again, all the while laughing hysterically. All in all, a great day! 


sharing a soother...looks wrong, but what can you say?

Sienna's typing an email, I know because she said so!

Felix's new favorite jumperoo toys

The kids aren't the only ones who love the blocks that Travis made, Lando snuggled up to them all evening

And now I'm going to go back to enjoying this:





1 comment: