Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fighting Off the Stir Crazy

This morning was strange. The boys slept in until 8:30am, which is over an hour past what they usually sleep to! Because of that we were late getting ready to go to the Little Totspot. By the time we would have gotten there, Celia would have left with her little girl and Lindsay was leery of bringing Sienna there because she still has a cough and runny nose. So Lindsay and I banded together to fight off the stir craziness that comes from being cooped up in the house all day and the boys and I went over to Lindsay's house. What also helped get us out of the house was Travis asking me when I was leaving and how long I was going to be gone for. He was working from home today and wanted the house to himself for some peace and quiet. I was just excited to get out. After yesterday, a full day of constantly putting creams and sticky chapstick stuff all over Arthur's face (it was red and raw from a combo of licking his lips and then wiping his mouth on his sleeve) I couldn't stay home all day again. Though to be fair, yesterday was capped with an awesome coffee date with Celia and Lindsay. Baby free! Until we went back to Lindsay's and I got to cuddle Zoey, which was it's own kind of awesome. 

Anyway, back to today. Lindsay and I have been trying to figure out when we should intervene and when we should let Arthur and Sienna work things out between themselves. Trying to balance between learning problem solving skills and one of them punching the other in the nose. Overall they did really well, we only had to intervene once when Arthur smucked Sienna and she burst into tears. After that they had a blast, Arthur was playing dolls with Sienna and they both were playing in the giant cardboard box turned into a playhouse. It was really cute as always! What was even more adorable was Felix and Zoey loving each other. Just staring at each other and smiling. I already stole these pictures from Lindsay's blog:








I actually did bring my camera this time but turns out it had no battery in it. It takes a special lithium ion battery, so I couldn't borrow some from Lindsay. And here I though I was being all responsible by charging the battery before it was actually dead, I guess that only works if I don't also forget to put it back in the camera. 

On a side note, I recently sat down with Arthur to write his first letter to Santa. I essentially prompted him and then wrote down his responses, but I though the result was too cute:

Dear Santa,

My name is Arthur. I am going to be three years old next week. I like trains. I have been a good boy this year. Thank you for the chocolate and toys that you brought me last year. This year I would like another monster truck for Daddy to play with. I would also like some Chuggington trains. Can you please bring my baby brother Felix a toy too? Thank you!

Love,

Arthur Pick

I love this letter, but I didn't realize until after it was done that he asked for toys for everyone but me! Not that I need toys, but it was pretty funny. Mommy is SOL on the toy front ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment