Sunday, November 21, 2010

First Doll

Today was Arthur and me day. We went out just the two of us to see Megamind at the theatre. It was awesome! Arthur had a blast, and he thought the movie was great but the biggest laugh was for a preview of Rango, an animated movie where Johnny Depp does the voice of an awkward chameleon. It looks to be some kind of kids western crossed with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.




Is it just me or do these two posters look similar?

I guess I'll add that to the list of movies we will go see. I really want to make this Arthur and me time at least a weekly thing. The poor guy gets plenty of one on one time with Daddy but not so much with me. After the movie we headed out to the mall to buy bus tickets. We had to walk by the whole Santa deal in Conestoga Mall to get to the bus tickets, and Santa was there! Arthur was so excited to see him, but generally happy that I wasn't going to force him to go talk to him. He even told me "I like Santa! But I don't like sitting with Santa..." Poor kid, I'll save that battle for another day. He did get a free light up star wand just for gawking, so that was fun! We also went to check out the toy section of Zellers. What could be more fun that the toy section at christmas? A few weeks ago Arthur picked out a couple christmas presents for his friends Sienna and Erika. They are super cute new dolls called Lalaloopsy dolls. The only problem is that he's been bugging me to get him one ever since. So since they had a different one than the two I bought for the girls, I bought him his first doll today. I haven't actually given it to him yet, I'm not sure if I'm going to wait until christmas or not, but here is the doll that my mostly macho, car loving big boy picked out today:


Her name is Mittens Fluff 'n' Stuff. I guess she is blue, doesn't really make her much more boyish though. Don't get me wrong, I have zero problem with Arthur playing with dolls. It was just unexpected considering how much of a typical boy he is with his cars, trucks, and trains, and then this is the toy he picks out of the whole toy section of the store. I guess this is what happens when his two best friends are girls ;) Maybe he'll stop pretending the blanket is a baby now, and use his doll?

3 comments:

  1. This is SO awesome!!! I'm so glad you had such a nice day out with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, where did you get that lalaloopsy doll, my DD wants one sa bad, and i have not seen them anywhere. and funny enough she wants the one you posted the picture of.........lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it at the Zellers at Conestoga Mall. I hope you can find one for her!

    ReplyDelete