Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Girls' Night Out

Last night Celia, Lindsay and I went out completely kid free for a movie and then drinks afterward. It was such a great time! We went to see Due Date which was hilarious despite having to sit in the very front row of seats due to lack of seating. It was so nice to go out for a drink afterwards too, it's been too long. This was the first time I've gone anywhere without Felix, so there was a little anxiety for me, but Travis did a stellar job taking care of him, and he slept (Felix did) through the whole evening. It was such a success that I think we'll have to make this a regular occurrence.

During the day Arthur was very entertaining. He woke up insisting that there was someone else in the house with us:

Arthur: who's here with us mommy??
Me: nobody
Arthur: somebodys here
Me: who?
Arthur: somebody

And then he just continued to play with his cars. It was a little creepy, but I've been assured that it's completely normal for kids his age to say weird things like that. Later Arthur stole my nursing pillow and set himself up on the armchair with his lunchbox. The lunchbox was his baby and he announced "I'm feeding my baby!" so I asked "what are you feeding him?" and got "He's eating Mommy milk...actually it's Arthur milk" And then I had to look away so he wouldn't see me chuckling. I've tried to get him to use his stuffed monkey or other toys to be his baby, but he always insists on using things like a lunchbox or a blanket to be his baby. I'm starting to think I should get him an actual baby doll, but the way things are going he would just make the doll a pillow for the lunchbox "baby".



We have a red polar fleece blanket that Arthur uses for his imaginary play games. Sometimes its a car, a train, a bus, or a baby. Yesterday it was a shark costume:



To me he looks more like little red riding hood, but to him he's a scary shark. He's a funny kid but he does know how to have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Haha love that kid! By the way...great picture/header at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! LOL Is it the size of the blanket? The fringes? Or the plaid?

    ReplyDelete