This morning I woke up, sat straight up in bed, thinking "Crud, I completely forgot to get the boys a special outfit for the birthday party!" This wouldn't ordinarily be a problem if I hadn't already convinced Lindsay that it would be a great idea if we dressed the kids up all fancy like for the party. So they could smear icing and such all over said fancy clothes. Clearly it was a brilliant idea, just poorly thought through. So anyway, I called my Mom and we made plans to head to the mall and get some shopping done. We also picked up a few things for the loot bags for the kids coming to Arthur and Sienna's party, all two of them. When I told Arthur we were going to the mall he said this to me, word for word: "We better hurry up before the mall closes and spits us out!" He's been asked about it a couple of times now since I've repeated it to both my Mom and Travis. None of us know where he would have gotten that from, so I assume it's just his crazy little imagination going. I also completely reassembled my camera today, making sure that it had both the memory card and the battery in it. I found some pictures from the other day when Arthur and I were writing a letter to Santa:
 |
| so mad! |
 |
| kidding! |
Now that the party is coming up (on Saturday!) I'm starting to get nervous about getting everything together. It's going to be a laid back party, pretty easy once it's started, just some prep work that has me antsy. Tomorrow will be big, I'm baking the cake to look kind of like this:
That is Toodles from the disney show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I'm really looking forward to making it! Celia and Lindsay are coming over tomorrow to help corral the kids so I can get the cake done (Thank you!!). The thing I'm dreading most is putting together the wonderful present Travis' parents sent Arthur, the
Imaginarium Train Table. For some reason, assembling things out of a box just sets the scene for a fight. Travis and I can't seem to manage getting something put together without royally annoying each other. Once it's done and wrapped, it's going to be awesome though! I'm pretty much banking on it being the main form of entertainment for the kids on Saturday. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly!
No comments:
Post a Comment