Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Felix the Photographer

Felix enjoys taking pictures. Or at least just playing with the camera function on my phone…but he's stealthy about it. Like a toddler ninja…I have no idea he's even been taking pictures and videos until I find them on my phone later. And it's pretty funny sometimes the things he takes pictures and videos of.

A very short video of Arthur here…
Felix's feet (at the very beginning) and then his teddy bear…
And the best one by far, just on the merit of my sheer cluelessness. I actually clean the lens while it's recording.

And those are just the videos, the photos are pretty random too. A picture of his pillowcase and another of his feet plus my foot…

IMG_1659IMG_1691

My boys both surprise me sometimes. Yesterday we were at the mall, sitting in the food court while the boys had their doughnuts (Arthur wanted a full sized doughnut, he calls them "round doughnuts") so we were sitting. Then Arthur points over my shoulder and says "Look Mommy, three mans and a *giant* pig!!" Of course I turned around immediately, and saw an ad for retro sitcoms. The three "mans" were old sitcom stars like Bob Saget and Will Smith, any guesses who the giant pig was?

ALF

I was laughing so hard I was in tears. All the while poor Arthur was looking at me like, why are you laughing, it's just a giant pig?

IMG_6135

Of course, sometimes my boys surprise me in different ways. Like in this picture of Felix. Lindsay and I were chatting while Felix coloured away and I guess maybe we kind of forgot about him (okay, I'm his mom so I guess *I* forgot about him) until we heard him screech. I turned around asking him what he needed to find him completely covered in blue marker. But not dark blue marker, bruise coloured. His left eye looked like a shiner and his whole face was coated. At the mall yesterday I bought him crayons instead of markers to use ;)

IMG_6112

As usual, video games are a large part of the boys' lives. Not that they're directly imitating anyone or anything…

IMG_6118IMG_6123IMG_6121IMG_6119

Nope, definitely no imitation going on here…

IMG_6122

One of Arthur's new favourite games is an Android app on my Kobo Vox called the Infinite Rufio Brothers…If you listen closely (past Felix's beep beeping) you might be able to recognize the music

IMG_1695

Felix is beeping (in case you're curious) because at the end of that book, the last two words are "beep beep". He loves reading that book and always says the "beep beep" part himself. As you can see, he even enjoys leafing through the book himself to find that last page so he can say "beep beep" again ;)

IMG_1666

Part of our daily routine lately is looking for things. Felix and sometimes Arthur like to hide things on us. Usually in the name of helping us tidy up. For instance, the other day I asked Travis where the nail clippers were. He didn't know and the first thing he said to me was "Let me check Felix's drawer". Felix's drawer is a mostly empty drawer in the kitchen that we obviously don't really use. Apparently he likes to hide things in there. Little things like nail clippers, face cloths, and toys. Of course the he does something cute, and we forget all about the annoyance of hidden stuff. The latest is an app on my phone that plays the humpty dumpty rhyme. Felix loves it and asks for it by name, except he says "huppy uppy" ;)

This past weekend Travis got a spring cleaning bug and we completely cleared out the basement. Sorted toys, cleaned, and organized. It took hours! The boys were thrilled for the most part, Felix got to yell "meow" at Lando to his hearts content and Arthur unearthed his old teddy bear. I got this Steelers bear for him when he was two, when I bought him his jersey, and he had zero interest in it. Now it's his favourite thing ever! Though that might just be because it feels new. Either way we have happy boys and a clean basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment