Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!

Mom and Arthur at Christmas 2011

IMG_5645

Mom asked for Arthur and Felix to come stay with her for her birthday this year. Because I'm still being a bit of a baby about my baby, just Arthur went to visit.

Mom and Arthur November 24, 2007

Arthur - days 1 and 2 015

We brought mom a little gift and some flowers yesterday when we dropped Arthur off and visited for a bit. Both Felix and Arthur were super excited when I told them we were going to Grandma's house!

Mom and Felix October 2010

IMG_0317

Felix was actually pretty upset when we left and Arthur stayed. Maybe next time I'll have to let go enough to leave Felix there too. I know they would have a blast and everything would be fine, but Felix still seems like my baby even though he's going to be two in June!

Mom and Felix June 2011

IMG_3172

At home, I managed to get Felix's latest word (purple) on video!

Meanwhile, Arthur was having a fantastic time at Grandma's!

394130_10151236722400352_714245351_22840080_2144738780_n

I totally stole these pictures from Mom's facebook page. I'm impressed with what she said Arthur did there. Apparently he spelled and wrote out "magnifying" with only a little help from Mom with sounding out a few letters. It's astounding how fast he's picking up this reading and writing thing. I'm sure I didn't even start any of this until grade one.

401500_10151236721520352_714245351_22840074_1723263316_n

I'm also impressed with this drawing of a house that Arthur did. Why you might ask? Because it's not in the colour brown! At home and at school he insists on only colouring with brown. Black is occasionally an accepted substitute if brown is unavailable. It's nice to see something in green. I'm also surprised that it doesn't have "Arthur" and "Felix" written all over it ;)

403329_10151236722680352_714245351_22840083_2144097428_n

I hope you had a great birthday Mom! And many many more of course :D

No comments:

Post a Comment