Felix took his own sweet time showing up. I was 10 days past my due date when he finally came. It's all a blur now, but I remember waking Travis up to go to the hospital and almost punching him when he asked me if I was sure, and did we really have to go now? ;) Compared to Arthur, Felix's birth was a breeze and so quick. We got to the hospital at 2am, Felix was born at 8:23am, and we left in time to be home for supper.
There was only a small size difference between Arthur's and Felix's birth weights. Felix was 5oz lighter, but the difference in clothing sizes was unexpected. Arthur never really wore newborn clothes. He only fit in them for about a week. So I didn't buy much in the newborn size for Felix. Turns out Felix wore newborn for a good deal longer, and we had to go shopping for clothes for him almost immediately. So much for being prepared!
Arthur was so happy to be a big brother. He didn't want much to do with Felix at all, but he was proud of his new status and didn't show any jealousy at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment