Saturday, February 4, 2012

Retro Post–Toy Story

One thing I've learned now is that even if a toy looks like something the kids will absolutely love, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a good idea to actually get it for them. Case in point, the indoor ball pit.
Arthur - 11 months 4 weeks001
Possibly one of Arthur's favourite toys. But he would also throw every.single.ball over the baby gate and down the stairs. Then cry until we carted them all back up for him. Repeat, repeat, repeat!
Arthur - 11 months 4 weeks008
Not that I'm the type to take away toys just because I don't like them. I have yet to find a toy that bothers me as much as one of my kids crying for it. We have lots of loud, obnoxious toys, that the boys absolutely love! One trick we did learn, especially for those toys that are really loud and don't come with a volume switch, is to put clear scotch tape over top of the speaker, instantly much quieter! Everyone is happy :)
Arthur 11 Months 010

No comments:

Post a Comment