At one point during the evening, to get his way Travis told me "What? Its my cake day!" Which is slightly more original that calling it an "unbirthday" so I guess the term sticks. While decorating the cake, I was explaining birthdays to Arthur. My birthday kind of got swept under the rug this year what with having a newborn and all so he hasn't really had any birthday cake experience in a while.
Me: I'm making a cake for Daddy's birthday.
Arthur: And for me and you and Felix!
Me: Well you and I get to eat the cake too, but the cake is for Daddy
A: I want my cake!
Me: You get a birthday cake on your birthday, next month.
A: What about your cake?
Me: I already had my birthday
A: You can make all the cakes!!
Of course I only made one cake, the poor kid was soooo excited about it. He positively shot out of the living room to go show Daddy the balloon and the cake the second that Travis came home. He wanted cake for supper. He even ate all of his actual supper in normal person time instead of three year old time in order to get a piece of cake. Though he did keep blowing out the candles when I tried to light them. I think this is the last time I'll put that many candles on a cake. It was a pain to light them all, and when Travis blew them all out, it took so much breath that he also blew off half of the "grass" (sprinkles) and the "sand traps" (ground almond).
| I wasn't going to post this picture until I noticed Travis in the background (in the hall mirror) playing with his balloon. I guess it was a hit ;) |
| My chubby baby! |
Wow! Looks great!!!! And that picture of Travis and the balloon is HILARIOUS!! Framer :)
ReplyDelete