Thursday, October 28, 2010

Playdate

Today we started off the day with a full blown kicking and screaming tantrum from Arthur. He didn't want to stay in his pyjamas, he wanted socks! All of this at 7am. I ended up just plopping him back in his room for a couple minutes so we could both cool down. Luckily the morning went really well after that one blow up.

I got to try out Just Dance 2 for the Wii. It is tons of fun, and a great workout. Of course I made a fool of myself with my uncoordinated attempts at their dance moves, but since it was just me and the boys there, who cares! Arthur was a little embarrassed by my incompetence I think, or at least he refused to do more than watch in fascination. Hopefully he'll start joining in once he gets used to the idea.

In the afternoon I packed up the boys and went to hang out with Lindsay and her girls. Always a good time. Arthur and Sienna were amazing again. No tantrums, no tears, just quiet playing together. I don't think either kid got reprimanded once for anything. And that is nothing short of miraculous. They played a lot of imaginary games together, quiet and talking to each other. At one point they closed the door while they were in Sienna's bedroom and got really quiet. When we mommies poked our noses in, they were just innocently playing cars, but there was a moment there where I wasn't sure what I was going to find on the other side of the door. Usually quiet plus door closed equals trouble. They also had a couple jam sessions with Siennas little keyboard and guitar, which was so cute! And of course the babies (Felix and Zoey) were being their babyish selves, cute and cuddly!

Felix in the awesome new hat Celia made for him

Holding hands

hugs!

rocking out

baby time!




No comments:

Post a Comment