Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sick and Tired

Well I am, Arthur and Felix are full of energy! Travis and I are both sick with colds. Luckily we have a 3 month old and a rambunctious almost 3 year old to entertain us. Nothing quite cheers you up like a rambling story from a preschooler or a big smile and belly laughs from a baby. Unfortunately nothing inhibits recovering more than lack of sleep. I'm sure we'll be up and running again in no time, but for now my wonderful mom is taking Arthur for a sleepover again tonight so Travis and I only have the baby to worry about for tonight and tomorrow. It really is great how much help grandparents can be! And of course Arthur is over the moon about going to Grandma's today, he can't stop talking about it. He's already sorted through his toys telling me which ones he wants to bring to Grandma's house. He also "accidentally" (meaning he took the mouse and clicked on the other tab I had open in the web browser) saw the page I had up on Toys R Us with a bunch of trains from his favorite show Chuggington that I want to get for his stocking at Christmas. He starting listing off the names of the trains showing saying I want that and that and that train. We had an interesting little conversation when I noticed what he was doing:

Me: Maybe you should ask Santa for those toys?
Arthur: Yeah! But Santa can't talk, he has no mouth, but he can talk!
Me: Maybe we should write Santa a letter?
Arthur: Yeah! (then lost interest)

lol He also informed me earlier while showing me a clump of cat hair that I'm almost certain he tore off of the poor cat himself "Mommy, the kitty dropped his hair, I hafta put it back!" I think he really expected that he could just put it back and it would be fine. I also am not sure where the concept of Santa having no mouth came from? Strange kid!



And a video of Felix laughing


No comments:

Post a Comment