Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"I do it Mommy"

Today was fun (insert sarcasm here)! We all four of us woke up with a sore throat and sniffles. Arthur and Felix woke up about 2 hours earlier than usual. Luckily the morning wasn't too bad. Travis got up and made us both tea so I wasn't so groggy. Arthur started to pick up when we got downstairs and eventually was playing well on his own. He (of course) dumped out his giant bucket of Lego and then was moving it around and sitting on top saying "I'm big!" Enter the "Bad Mommy" part of the day, I didn't pay enough attention until I heard a giant crash from the kitchen. Of course I jumped three feet in the air and came down running cartoon style. This is what I saw in the kitchen:


Notice the upside down bucket aka Arthur's footstool. He was trying to get himself a banana, grabbed one banana that was still attached to the bunch and pulled the whole counter contents down! Luckily he was not hurt at all. He did scare himself silly and cried for a good 5 minutes straight afterwards. Poor kid. Hopefully this has taught him a lesson about not pulling things off the counter or using toys to climb up on. That of course is wishful thinking but I can hope for a day or two of reform can't I? This is the exact reason that I've been hounding Travis about the things he leaves on the edge of the counter where Arthur can reach. 

Felix was a fussy baby all day as well. I finally found a way to keep him quiet! You may have heard of Sophie the Giraffe. We have a Sophie but what really keeps Felix entertained is another teether by Vulli, Chan Pie Gnon. He loves it, he can hold it easily and apparently its the perfect thing to chomp and drool on. Travis thinks it looks like a giant blue nipple, but you can judge for yourself:



Regardless of what it does or doesn't resemble, Felix loves it and thats all that matters to me!

2 comments:

  1. Kristina , I sure enjoy your stories.After all this did Arthur get to eat the banana? Ah! the joys of being a mother. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jocelyne, I'm glad you enjoy the blog! And yes Arthur did get his banana ;)

    ReplyDelete