No pictures today, sorry! I had a nice sleep in with Felix this morning. A much needed sleep in since he was up five times last night. Definitely teeth coming in. He didn't even want to nurse. At one point after I caved and brought him into bed with me he actually would only fall asleep if I was rubbing his bottom gums with my finger. Of course tired mommy brain didn't even think to give the poor little guy any baby tylenol until this afternoon when he was crying again. I really can't wait until the tooth finally shows up, though I know its naive of me to think that one tooth will be the end of it. I'm pretty sure I remember Arthur teething from three months until 12 months at least. *sigh*
On the Arthur side of things, he had a blast at Grandma's house as usual. My Mom actually does the potty training with him a little differently, she gives him a reward (candy or chocolate) if he gets to the potty with clean and dry underwear instead of rewarding actually going on the potty. Seems like a good idea, so we're adopting it here too. Really the behavior we want is dry pants, so why not reward that instead of the actual act of pottying? I also recently discovered that Arthur doesn't just have sticky fingers from the M&M's he gets for going potty, apparently he's taken up shoplifting. Try explaining that to an (almost) three year old! We were in Old Navy the other day and he swiped a 0-3 month superman onesie. I didn't notice until we got home that it was in the stroller with him. And today I had the most embarrassing time explaining to the girl at old navy why I wasn't buying the onesie, but was instead returning it. She was very nice, raising Old Navy in my esteem yet again. Also on the Arthur front, he is still apparently worried about the boy with a stick at the park. This really worries me and makes me question the method I took in leaving the park. We've discussed it with him and I am going to take him back to the park (hopefully free of that other little boy) as soon as I can. Hopefully it will soon be behind us!
As for me, I'm trying to figure out how to make a cool golfing cake for Travis' birthday on Friday. It feels a little weird for his birthday to be so low key this year since I went all out for his big 30th birthday last year. It's nice and comfortable though. I asked Arthur what he thought Daddy would like for his birthday, and according to Arthur Daddy wants a cake and a balloon, so thats what he's going to get! According to Travis he wants an umbrella holder for his golf bag, so I suppose he'll get that too. So long as I don't buy the "wrong" umbrella holder!
No comments:
Post a Comment