Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkins Really Are Spooky

Today we carved our first pumpkin. Or rather, I carved our first pumpkin. Apparently the sight of me plunging a knife into a poor unsuspecting pumpkin and carving out the happy smiling face really upset Arthur. Sent him screaming and crying the other way even! This is the first halloween where we've had a carved pumpkin so I guess he really had no idea what to expect, but he definitely did not like what he saw. Luckily my Mom was there having just dropped him off from a two night sleepover at her place (Grandma is awesome!) So she kept both boys occupied while I gruesomely (apparently) scooped out the pumpkin guts and carved out the cutesy face I had picked thinking Arthur would like it. Eventually Arthur scooted over to the edge of the living room where he could see what I was doing and said "I'm going to watch you Mommy" And by the time I was putting the finishing touches on the pumpkin he was sitting at the table with me. Of course he was still crying "Don't carve my pumpkin Mommy, I want it fixed!" then "Is it all done?" and of course "Ooooo it's beautiful!!" As I went to find a candle for it he wanted to know "Can I scoop out the pumpkin now Mommy?" lol Maybe next year will be more of a success. I know he's excited to be going trick or treating but now I'm wondering what he's going to think of us giving out candy too. Should be interesting.


Arthur running away from me carving the pumpkin

Mom keeping both boys occupied

Still hiding from the pumpkin

Happy baby!

Final product ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment